HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/)
-   -   Help Please (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/help-please-37131/)

birdmane 01-30-2007 10:51 PM

Help Please

I just bought a 91 civic hb today and the person i bought it from told me he thinks it needs a new clutch cable, but a mechanic told me it probly has somethin to do with the tranny but he has not looked at it. The problem is that when i press on the clutch it does not disengage if i start it in 1st it will start moving no matter how hard i press on the clutch. I need to get this car running for work by tommorow so please give me any information you might have for me thanks.

98civex 01-30-2007 10:59 PM

RE: Help Please

is there resistance when you press the pedal or does it just easily limp down?

birdmane 01-30-2007 11:03 PM

yes theres resistance i press it down and it springs back up i also had my girl press it down and it pulled the arm thing up on the tranny

Misha 01-30-2007 11:49 PM

Sounds like clutch cable needs adjustment. Any grinding when you shift?

birdmane 01-30-2007 11:59 PM

not really sure bout the grinding but how do you adjust the cable

Misha 01-31-2007 12:57 AM

Turn the nut at the clutch end of the cable

birdmane 01-31-2007 12:11 PM

I tried to turn it as much as possible and i keep trying to start it and push the clutch in then put it in 1st but its like theres a wall there and when i try to put it in reverse it just grinds

TheShimster91HB 01-31-2007 12:55 PM

Ihave the same car and the same problem. I found that part of the clutch pedal hadsnapped off where it connects to everything else. So when I push down the pedal it moves the stuff its conected to as well as the pedal itself, therefore not disengaging the clutch fully. This was the result of -48 C weather turning my car into an icecube making everything brittle and easily breakable. I hate winter.

birdmane 01-31-2007 01:05 PM

so where am i looking for that broken part? If you could show me with a pic or give memore detailed info that would be great thanks

birdmane 01-31-2007 02:33 PM

alright i just actually drove it for the first time around the block it seems like it needs a new clutch but heres whats going on i cant start it in nutural or i wont be able to put it in 1st , so i start it in 1st then i freestyle shift or whatever you call that when you put it in 2nd with out the clutch and in second it doesnt get any power so im thinking it needs a new clutch but that still doesnt erxplain why i cant disengage the clutch when i press the clutch pedal. maybe the pressure plate also needs to be replaced? im not sure let me know what you think.