Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

High shifts,Squeaking brakes,rust

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Default High shifts,Squeaking brakes,rust

My baby

So I saw a aem cold-air intake at the auto-zone and i wanted to get one, because all my screws in my stock air box are stripped, and some missing.

I was wondering if a lot of stuff in my car is rusted would i have a hard time getting the old out and the new in?

Also my rear back brakes are squeaking when I let off I took it to a few brake places and they say there fine and the squeak is normal I have rear disk brakes.

One more question I had this piece just come off today i think it was connected around the steam of the stock headers or what ever that piece is.

This was just lying in there making nosie and has been there for some time now I just now saw it down there and pulled it up out.

Came from down in there.

Thanks.

1.7 non vtech honda civic lx no mods.

I totally bought the car stock and only added rims and stereo stuff. The frayed wire I do not know what the hell that is. Its like right in front of the engine. The car has a few issues but nothing majorly noticeable. The car when bought had 137xxx miles I now have 153xxx. All problems were pre-existent. How would I know if I had a air leak im kinda learning the whole performance scene ...

I am 18 and I got most tools to fix anything I just need to know what to fix yeah know. Lol

Theirs a pic.

It was on but just kinda easily was removed though like the same stuff is on the other side.

Thanks for your help though.