Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

honda 98

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 07:22 PM
Default honda 98

i have a 1998 honda civic with 98000 miles that wont pass smog just by 38 hc i have 138 max is 100 just clean trotle plate intake manifold as far as i could with a rag real filthy plugged pcv valve replaced ,did usual spark plugs cap rotor ,i got magnacore wires with real low resistance 4.5 ohms was an average give or take for lenght .have no codes timing looks good but it just came down from 176 from before all these stuff was done ,know the weird part is that when the tech was checking it the hc climed up to 2000hc and work down to like 340 hc with low co but the o2 went up to 6.2 any ideas i'll take any thank's in advance.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:17 PM
Default RE: honda 98

i have tryed the sea foam and test drove my car feel's better alot more responsive run's real good juat got so see how it does also trying to see how to replace the timing belt any ideas or procedures that u know off .thanks