Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

How to do issues with new 2024 Civic Sport Touring Hatchback M/T

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2024, 10:50 PM
Default How to do issues with new 2024 Civic Sport Touring Hatchback M/T

I just bought a new 2024 Civic Sport Touring Hatchback M/T.
I looked in the 828 page owners manual but didn't see how to do the following:

1) Delete extra radio station presets. I ended up with 10 but only want 8, so I need to delete 2 of them. The display and manual state how to add more but not how to delete any. I know how to change them but not how to delete any.

2) How to permanently and forever disable Auto Idle Stop - it's driving me nuts! I don't EVER want the engine turning itself off. There is a Auto Idle Stop Off button but you have to press it every time you start the engine or Auto Idle Stop turns itself back on again (it even states this in the manual)!

3) Where to buy a REAL Honda Service (not owners) manual I can keep forever (prefer paper but electronic is ok). NOT a subscription service, or online access only, or a crappy Chiltons/Haynes (which are near worthless due to all the things they don't cover or have wrong). Not even the Honda dealer I bought the car from has them (they use AllData subscription service).

4) How to disable Rev Match. It's in the manual but not even there in the Vehicle Settings for the Civic Sport Touring. My salesman thought it's only for the Si and type R models.

5) There is no Sport Mode (there's only an Econ button) even though the manual says there is. Is this normal? My salesman thought Sport Mode comes only for the CVT tranny (as shown in the manual) and in the Si and type R models.

6) How does the Si model come with 20hp more (200hp) than the Sport Touring model (180hp) when they both have the same 1.5L engine? Bigger turbo, ECU performance tuning, or what?

Last edited by luv2rallye; 02-25-2024 at 07:07 AM.