HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/)
-   -   huge idle problem (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/huge-idle-problem-40065/)

93delsol 03-16-2007 01:50 AM

RE: huge idle problem

I put the stock one back on it, do I need a different one, where do i get it from if so, ran good for like two days the idle was a little high but now it fluctuates so bad

mxs 03-18-2007 01:04 PM

I'd just double check everything, make sure nothing worked its way loose after a couple days

93delsol 03-20-2007 09:15 PM

double checked everything, even put stock manifold back on, no change but now it is more inconsistent, sometimes idles really high, at other times idle surges back and forth. Could it be in my ecu, chipped with chrome, but has worked fine for 6 months. Does anyone know about blocking off the iacv, some people say it will lower idle. I would appreciate any help i can get

Peg_Leg 03-20-2007 11:30 PM

you might try this and see if this works start your car and let it idle and unplug the tps sensor on the throttle body and see if it clears up. ive been told if you unplug it and it smooths up its the tps. ive heard of blocking the iacv but ive haven't seen it done

Forty04 03-21-2007 07:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Peg_Leg

you might try this and see if this works start your car and let it idle and unplug the tps sensor on the throttle body and see if it clears up. ive been told if you unplug it and it smooths up its the tps. ive heard of blocking the iacv but ive haven't seen it done
You may see that happen very soon :D

cpl rampage 03-21-2007 09:23 AM

it coult be u have a vacume leak somewhere, maby one of the vac hoses cracked when u took off the old mani, i had a similar problem, but all i had to do was clean the iacv and then adjust my idle, and now it works fine. but it seems you already tryed that, but i could allways try cranking the idle screw back the other way.

Da Chump 03-21-2007 04:44 PM

Hey could my 1987 CRX be doing the same thing even though its carbed? I havent let it warm up cause it scares me to let it stay on for even a few seconds because it instantly wants to idle at almost 3000 rpm

C1V1C_C0UPE 03-21-2007 05:44 PM

Theres 2 holes in the throttle housing 1 above the other so remove air filter and get car to opperating temp then cover up the top hole (this 1 is for the iacv) car should almost die and revs should drop to around 400rpm if it does then the iacv is fine. Next cover up the bottom hole (this 1 is for the fitv fast idle thermo valve) if revs settle down and return to normal then that is your problem, hopefully!!!!!

93delsol 03-23-2007 05:06 AM

what holes in the throttle housing, are they inside the throttlebody or where are they, sorry not sure where you are talking about

Forty04 03-23-2007 07:07 AM

ORIGINAL: 93delsol

what holes in the throttle housing, are they inside the throttlebody or where are they, sorry not sure where you are talking about
Yeah if you pull your intake off, and look inside the TB, there should be two holes inside.