Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

i hate my a-pillar gauges, how to remove?

Old 12-02-2007, 12:37 AM
HCF Member
Default i hate my a-pillar gauges, how to remove?

Ok, my triple gauge pod pillar has been nothing but a disaster. The gauge pod is about 2 inches short, the air/fuel ratio gauge bounces back and forth very hard and makes noises, the gauge pod makes noises when i accelerate/go over bumps, you cant even see the gauges during the day... its juts a distaster.

I want to take them down, but i dont want to pay to get them uninstalled, can i just cut the wires and not get them "uninstalled?" it cost me $100 to get them installed and I dont wana pay that to get them uninstalled

Old 12-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Default RE: i hate my a-pillar gauges, how to remove?

depends how they installed it, probably either glued or screwed, try some solvent that dissolves glue if its glued, or try pull it off, just have a good look and see how they have attached it, what will you be doing with the gauges after uninstalled?

Old 01-13-2008, 04:18 PM
HCF Member

the gauge pod is screwed onto my a-pillar, i know i can just un-screw it and snip the wires, but how do i actually disconnect/uninstall the gauges from whatever they are hooked up to under the hood?

Old 01-13-2008, 04:20 PM

follow the wires and disconnect, what gauges are they out of interest?

Old 01-13-2008, 04:21 PM
HCF Member

air/fuel ratio, oil pressure, volt meter

Old 01-13-2008, 04:29 PM

you looking to sell them?

Old 01-13-2008, 05:07 PM
HCF Member

sure why not... keep in mind they are visible during the day when its sunny, but hard to see... you still want them? and how much you wana pay for them?

now I really have to find out how to get them uninstalled

Old 01-13-2008, 05:34 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: my94civic

follow the wires and disconnect
+1

air/fuel should be spliced into an o2 sensor's white wire, voltmeter could be a number of place, just follow it and figure it out, and is the oil pressure compltely digital, or if it has an acutal oil line of some sort.....well, then thats a different story. Check it.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:47 PM
HCF Member

ill give it a look see in the A.M. ...... when I find the wire thats spliced in with the o2 sensor for the air/fuel gauge, what should I do? I guess once I see it I'll probably know what ur talking about but will I have to cut and re-splice anything? what would happen if I got lazy and just snipped all the wires and left them all connected to whatever they are connected to? just out of curiosity

Old 01-13-2008, 08:52 PM
HCF Member

well it should only be one wire that has anything done to it. When you find it, snip the a/f gauge's wire off, and if its seperated just solder them back together, heat shrink wrap around it, electrical tape, and then inside those plastic tube wire things haha you should be good for that one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: i hate my a-pillar gauges, how to remove?