Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

I'm pissed...what should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
I really don't think the quality of work was a problem either. It really, really sounds like the belt was already due for a change and when it was tensioned properly during the reassembly process of changing the timing belt, the drive belt's wear because evident through noise.
Please...don't talk unless you actually read my posts. You're obviously a dealer with a hate on for customers who complain.

I had Honda change ALL OF MY BELTS - EVERY SINGLE ONE. They did shotty work and they slipped after being changed. There is no excuse for this whatsoever. They didn't sound bad before the change - only after.

Bye now. Don't tear a strip through the next person without all of the information before you talk!

Old 08-14-2009, 02:39 PM
Angry Admin

so the 19 year old dealership owner pissed you off a little.

lol

i see a need for an anger management class in your future.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:18 PM

You sound like the kind of person you see at a McDonald's who screams at the cashier because the people in the back forgot to put mustard on your burger, acting as if it's the end of the world and as if the problem cannot be solved... the person who makes everyone else in the room shake their head in disbelief, and casting a shadow of awkwardness over the whole restaurant. And then the child interjects into the conversation and says "Daddy, people are staring at us"... and then he screams at her "I DON'T CARE, I WANT MY MUSTARD DAMNIT!"

And no, I don't work for or own a dealership.

I thought Canadians were supposed to be friendly...

:shrugs:

Last edited by trustdestruction; 08-14-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Chubby Chaser

^ lmfao i hate people who yell at me because i forgot the damn mustard... **** i make like a 1000 fkn burgers a day. i have only 35 secs to have it made and wrapped from when you order it. CALM THE *** DOWN i will give you a packet of mustard.....

Old 08-14-2009, 04:31 PM
HCF Member

Dont like work that others do? Do it yourself. Problem solved. Yelling at forum members wont help your car get fixed, and leads to people here not wanting to help you any further. I know trust can bitch a lot, but he does know how to help people.

Old 08-14-2009, 04:49 PM
HCF Member

i agree with trust here. technicians are just as human as everyone else we make mistakes every day and faulyt parts are not our fault. and when one guy is working on 10-15 cars a day and getting paid by teh flag hour (NOT hourly) you dont always catch the differences in sound from when the car comes in to when it leaves. we are not the every day drivers of the car. we just diagnos and replace whats bad. but at least they did make it right and give you a loaner car for a few days until they got you taken care of.
but i do agree that for a dealer to have to wait 5 days or whatever for a belt is a little goofy especially on a car as populart as a honda. that should stay fully stocked in my opinion.
but next time man just give them a chance to make it right before you rant about it, just like we tell people at our shop if something is wrong tell us we will gladly make it right you dont always have to immediatly run to corprate or bashing online about it.

but as a technician i am glad to see that they did honor their work and get you straightened up and good as new. good luck in the future bud and if you really wanna know if somethign was changed mark it and ask for the old part.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:26 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention...

Don't get me wrong, I agree that they should fix the problem and I am glad for you that they did.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:57 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by bmelloh
If I ever take anything to the dealer or to a shop I always put a mark on it only that I know where it is, to see if the part was acually changed, did an oil filter years ago, cause I got free oil changes and turned out the mark was still on the oil filter when I picked it up, they caught hell also!!
I like your style!

Old 08-19-2009, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by PunisherInOKC
Dont like work that others do? Do it yourself. Problem solved. Yelling at forum members wont help your car get fixed, and leads to people here not wanting to help you any further. I know trust can bitch a lot, but he does know how to help people.
1) I came here asking for opinions...I wanted to see how many others had such issues and dealt with them;
2) Mr. Destruction decided his initial post in this thread would go right after me. Maybe you should read it;
3) I don't cry over spilt milk. I didn't ream the service guy out, I asked for answers;
4) I'm the type of person who absolutely hates to spend a penny and not be happy but loves to pay up when he is happy;
5) No, I don't yell when I don't get my condiments in the restaurant; and
6) I came on here disappointed, but never "yelled" at forum members. It all started going wrong when he replied to my initial posting in a very distasteful manner. He then followed it up making a comment just a few posts above that the belts were already ruined when I got there, which showed ignorance. I was quite clear in my initial posting that when I went in for service, I asked for all of the belts to be changed. Anyone can see the post for themselves. So why suddenly grind me for something when you don't even get the facts straight!

My su****ion of the dealer was backed by common sense after what had initially happened. I came here for help, and although the Destruction man gave help he did it distastefully. Seems he can give help but he needs to choose his words carefully. The nice thing about posting online is that you have several chances to revise what you post and you can even edit it after the fact if you think it's inappropriate.

Now that that's out of the way, I would like to say thanks to those who offered their help. I am a proud Civic owner just like the rest of you who would like to continue receiving help and advise when necessary!

Old 08-19-2009, 11:24 AM

I misread and I acknowledge that ever since you informed me that I had misread. What more do you want? Sheesh

Quick Reply: I'm pissed...what should I do?