Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm pissed...what should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 11:27 AM

I don't want anything else...the help was received...this is what I don't want next time...
Originally Posted by trustdestruction
What you should do is calm down.

To do the timing belt, the drive belts had to be removed. From the sounds of it, one of the drive belts is what needs replacing, which is not a big deal at all.

Your timing belt is most likely not over-tightened, because i'm pretty sure that the way that the belt is tensioned would not allow for that to happen.

Calm the F down and wait for them to get the part. You sound like one of those people that businesses would rather not get business from if it means not having to deal with your attitude.

If you truly think the world is out to get you then grab a wrench and do your own damn work.
As long as you don't post this way in your first post then we'll be alright. I didn't talk to you like an adolescent before you had the chance to explain yourself. Yes, I get a little excited when I'm not pleased with the service I receive (especially when it's painfully obvious that the job was done wrong) but I think I'm pretty fair when I'm dealt with fairly...in this instance the dealer owned up and fixed their mistake. I've moved on.

I don't know...I don't think I sound irrational or immature here. I just took it personally when you posted like this...that's all.

Anyways, I'm over it.

Last edited by KyprosE; 08-19-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:33 AM

I did not reply all that distastefully. When I said calm the F down, it was meant to be read as "calm the F down," not "calm the f*ck" down. I was not thinking the whole word, and had I said it in person it would have come out phonetically as "F", not the word it represents. It's kinda like saying "calm the freak down", you know? It's meant to be less offensive, which is why I said it that way instead of "f*ck".

This is the internet. You are overreacting a little bit.

Also, I still stick with my original statement when I say you sound like "one of those people..." because you do. You were pretty impatient... they did everything they possibly could to fix the problem and it still wasn't good enough for you. They even gave you a brand new car to drive while the work was being done.

My advice to you was to calm down... and guess what, I was right. All you had to was calm down and relax because they were going to take care of it. There was no further action required and you should have waited to come asking for advice (I am not in any way saying you are not welcome here) until they either refused to fix it or could not fix it.

In the future, should you not express an irrational impatience with anger and ask for advice about it, then I shall not respond in such a slightly annoyed manner.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 08-19-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Chubby Chaser

Name:  calmdown.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  45.0 KB

Name:  calmdownhow.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  11.0 KB

Old 08-19-2009, 11:48 AM

I can see this is never going to end - it's going to be "he said, she said". I'm going to say this in plain english now because you're not understanding where I'm comming from.

You said calm the "F" down which is short for something that every nincompoop knows!!! What all know what "F" notates. Frick would not be censored. You then proceeded to tell me I was "one of those people" with bad attitudes that businesses would rather avoid. Finally, you told me to do my "own damn work." Nice talk all around. All of this would be much easier said in a simple statement such as "give them a chance to fix their mistake before you take any further actions. At least they owned up to it and sent you on your way with another car at their expense and didn't try to charge you anything else for fixing their mistake."

In my heart of hearts, I know that's what you meant but you obviously decided to be nasty and shallow about it. Not good at all on your part. With that, I rest my case. I choose to plead the 5th to any further comment. No more discussion on this. This thread has served its purpose and now is just getting stupid. The people that told me to "chill out" didn't bother me.

Thanks again to all for the help.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:57 AM

I was just a little annoyed by the fact that you weren't given them a chance to fix the problem. I am sorry if I offended you, but your impatience and unfair judgement of the mechanics offended me as a fellow human being and someone who does their own work on their car.

For being annoyed, my response was very mild. I chose my words with some care and had I not, I would have bashed the hell out of you.

It wasn't until you personally offended me that I made the "McDonald's" comment. If you are sorry for personally offending me then I want you to know that I mutually apologize for offending you. (i'm not asking you to actually say sorry, lol)

Some further advice... I suggest that you buy a shop manual for your car. The work you had done could have been done right the first time by yourself if you knew how to do it and were willing to do it. You'll also save a lot of money. Knowing how to work on your car is really good knowledge to have. You know what they say: "If you want it done right, do it yourself"

P.S. you can't plead the 5th, you live in Canada

Last edited by trustdestruction; 08-19-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Chubby Chaser

Name:  not_sorry.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  28.1 KB

Old 08-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Chubby Chaser

^ fail try again it dont work

Old 08-19-2009, 12:24 PM