Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Install power locks/windows

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Default Install power locks/windows

I've got a bare bones 93 Honda Civic DX 4dr sedan (I know, sweet). I'm sick of unlocking the doors by hand and rolling down the windows by hand. Does any one know if it is worth getting the correct parts to upgrade the locks and/or windows? What parts do I need and what am I getting into? At a minimum, I want power locks. I was hoping that I could use factory Honda parts, so it doesn't look like a crap after market job,that I can hopefully find from a junk yard or classifieds. I assume that I can get a replacment keyless entry module online somewhere. Can someone help? thanks.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:09 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Install power locks/windows

if you do a search online, you'll see a number of diys. know that there will bea lot, I mean A LOT of rewiring to get this job done not to mention a lot of mechanical work as well. I'm not sure about the keyless entry module for your gen. On the sixth gen, it was in the stock head unit. do a search and you'll see what it takes.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Default RE: Install power locks/windows

Thanks mundy5. I've looked around on the net a bit and I agree that there are a ton of diys. I was hoping that I might be able to find a shopping list of parts that I could take to a pick your part to see if I could find it all. It might just be a pipe dream.