Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Intermittent Wiper Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 07:50 AM
Question Intermittent Wiper Problems

I have a 2006 Honda Civic. Over the last couple of months, I have developed an intermittent problem with the windshield wipers. Examples of this include:

- When I click it to just wipe once, it will wipe multiple times an sometimes (though not always) stop in a position other than "parked," such as fully up along the sides of the window or anywhere in the middle.

- When I have them on the lowest intermittent setting, instead of just wiping once every so many seconds, they will wipe two, three or more times and then sometimes stop not in "parked" as described above. The same things happens at higher speeds, though not in the normal (constant) or high speeds.

This only happens when it is raining/snowing - and not just because that's only when I have them on. I have let them run under dry conditions and they works normally. So I am guessing there is a short somewhere that it being affected by the moisture?

Any suggestions what might be happening and how I can fix it would be appreciated.

Thanks!!