Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

just a question. how often does the oil pump need replaced?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 11:47 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default just a question. how often does the oil pump need replaced?

just wondering if i should replace the oil pump... or keep the stocker inplace? downfall is i have NO IDEA ho wmany miles on this motor... only thing i know is that the clutch that was on the motor looked worn preaty good and was realy close to the rivets..... and not sure if the motor was pulled from a wrecked car or just realy ruffly removed cause the power steering pump and AC pump pulleys are all bent up preaty good as well as the front lower engine mount busted....

this is for a 94civic Z6 motor.... since i bought the motor over the weekend right now im in the process of tuning up the motor before i drop it into the civic... so i just bought a timing belt, water pump, and a oil pan gasket so i can pull the pan and inspect the mains for any scaring and to also clean the oil pan from any sludge. and just wondering about how often should the oil pump be replaced? or is it only replaced if it goes bad and can just be droped out the bottom of the car with the motor inplace.... just trying to do all the easy things with the motor pulled so thier wont be any problems with the motor when i put it back into the car....
i woulda bought every seal and such BUT thats all the cash i have right now until thursday. then i can start buying new clutch parts and then slap this motor in the car and drive the car

i just dont want a small thing like the oil pump to be a problem....