Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

motor swap to an acura vigor

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 09:26 AM
HCF Member
Default motor swap to an acura vigor

I'm thinking about buying this1993 acura vigor for sale a few miles a way because head is ****ed up in someway
so i was just going to replace the engine and touchup the paint and wheels and sell it... the blue book on it is 3600... and he wants 300 for it, so i mean... it's a win win situation you could say

the only abd thingn is that i'm worried about the resale of a car with a 2.5 liter 5 cylinder that takes premium gas and gets like 28 on the highway...
i mean it's like that because its a luxury car and the engine i'd be replacing it with has 93,000 miles while the car has 130,000 miles, so the engine would be an upgrade... but nonetheless i was wondering if any civic engines would fit in that like a D series or something that would get good mileage and not take premium gas...

It doesn't really seem to me like it could be done very easily becase
it's an I-5... so the motor mounts are 5 cylinders wide persay.... but if you guys have any input suggestions or infolet me know