HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/)
-   -   My Civic wont start Please Help (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/my-civic-wont-start-please-help-11889/)

nic95civic 10-22-2005 03:18 PM

My Civic wont start Please Help

I have a 1995 honda civic that will crank over but will not fire and no fuel out of the fuel filter.The motor is a 1.5 sohc non vtec.
I change the main relay and no luck.I drove it to the gas station then back home and now doesnt fire or fuel it cranks though.I disconnected the battery then reconnected it nothing all fuses that i know of are good.Any suggestions or similar experiences?????

riceburner700 10-22-2005 03:58 PM

RE: My Civic wont start Please Help

have you tryed replacing the fuel filter they are pretty cheap try that maybe it is glogged pretty bad

2000Ex 10-22-2005 04:23 PM

could it be a pump as well?

StifflersMom 10-22-2005 04:59 PM

try to check voltage AT the fuel pump wire...if present its the fuel pump, if not, it's the ECU

joey 10-22-2005 07:11 PM

your coil is prolly gone.

StifflersMom 10-22-2005 08:42 PM

ORIGINAL: joey

your coil is prolly gone.

he's getting no fuel, can't be the coil

AgentofDarkness 10-22-2005 11:18 PM

Spray some carb cleaner through the Throttle Body. That way you can be absolutly sure its a fuel problem. Spray the carb cleaner into theh throttle (open throttle plate, spary, close throttle plate) then crank the car, if there is no fuel it should start and then die. Also, to rule out the injectors, you can get this little tool taht will light up every time the injector fires when u point it.

NYC Civic 10-23-2005 05:12 AM

ORIGINAL: nic95civic

I have a 1995 honda civic that will crank over but will not fire and no fuel out of the fuel filter.The motor is a 1.5 sohc non vtec.
I change the main relay and no luck.I drove it to the gas station then back home and now doesnt fire or fuel it cranks though.I disconnected the battery then reconnected it nothing all fuses that i know of are good.Any suggestions or similar experiences?????
Try what AgentofDarkness mentioned above or you can try to change the fuel filter & the pump. As a matter of fact, a friend of mine just had that problem last week. It turned out that his fuel pump was bad because after he replaced his fuel pump, the problem went away.

sacicons 10-23-2005 05:17 PM

Im with Kolhoznik on this one, i think its the ECU, thats the first thing that would explain no fuel AND no fire.

StifflersMom 10-23-2005 08:15 PM

I think its still worth checking voltage at the pump...could be two separate problems. Although very likely it is the ECU...if I knew how to check it...

try swapping ECUs with a friend and see if that fixes it:-D