Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

My Civic wont start Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Default My Civic wont start Please Help

I have a 1995 honda civic that will crank over but will not fire and no fuel out of the fuel filter.The motor is a 1.5 sohc non vtec.
I change the main relay and no luck.I drove it to the gas station then back home and now doesnt fire or fuel it cranks though.I disconnected the battery then reconnected it nothing all fuses that i know of are good.Any suggestions or similar experiences?????

Old 10-22-2005, 03:58 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: My Civic wont start Please Help

have you tryed replacing the fuel filter they are pretty cheap try that maybe it is glogged pretty bad

Old 10-22-2005, 04:23 PM
HCF Member

could it be a pump as well?

Old 10-22-2005, 04:59 PM
Cat Fuсker

try to check voltage AT the fuel pump wire...if present its the fuel pump, if not, it's the ECU

Old 10-22-2005, 07:11 PM

your coil is prolly gone.

Old 10-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Cat Fuсker

ORIGINAL: joey

your coil is prolly gone.
he's getting no fuel, can't be the coil

Old 10-22-2005, 11:18 PM
HCF Member

Spray some carb cleaner through the Throttle Body. That way you can be absolutly sure its a fuel problem. Spray the carb cleaner into theh throttle (open throttle plate, spary, close throttle plate) then crank the car, if there is no fuel it should start and then die. Also, to rule out the injectors, you can get this little tool taht will light up every time the injector fires when u point it.

Old 10-23-2005, 05:12 AM

ORIGINAL: nic95civic

I have a 1995 honda civic that will crank over but will not fire and no fuel out of the fuel filter.The motor is a 1.5 sohc non vtec.
I change the main relay and no luck.I drove it to the gas station then back home and now doesnt fire or fuel it cranks though.I disconnected the battery then reconnected it nothing all fuses that i know of are good.Any suggestions or similar experiences?????
Try what AgentofDarkness mentioned above or you can try to change the fuel filter & the pump. As a matter of fact, a friend of mine just had that problem last week. It turned out that his fuel pump was bad because after he replaced his fuel pump, the problem went away.

Old 10-23-2005, 05:17 PM
HCF Member

Im with Kolhoznik on this one, i think its the ECU, thats the first thing that would explain no fuel AND no fire.

Old 10-23-2005, 08:15 PM
Cat Fuсker

I think its still worth checking voltage at the pump...could be two separate problems. Although very likely it is the ECU...if I knew how to check it...

try swapping ECUs with a friend and see if that fixes it:-D

Quick Reply: My Civic wont start Please Help