Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Need Your Opinion!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Default Need Your Opinion!!!!

Hey Guys,

I'm pretty new to mods and tuning, and I need your opinion!

1.) What part would you guys mod FIRST on your car?

2.) What part is worth the money?

Thanks guys!

ta_9ff

Old 06-25-2005, 04:31 PM
Default RE: Need Your Opinion!!!!

It would help to know what kind of car, but since it is a Civic forum, I'm going out on a limb to assume that it is a Civic. And my answer is not to waste money on little bolt ons. If you want to go fast, go big or don't go at all. Boost is the answer.

Old 06-27-2005, 11:21 PM
Default RE: Need Your Opinion!!!!

More info would help. Daily driver or weekend toy? Small budget or skyz the limit? I believe the first thing anyone should do with a bone stock car is give it lungs. Put on an aftermarket air intake, either cold air or short ram. Then change out your header and get a good exhaust system. The better your car breathes the better it runs. Once you have intake and exhaust covered I would move to fuel delivery, then ignition, then clutch, then brakes, then speed.(Turbo, S-charger, NOS, etc) Mind you this is just my opinion, but you got to start somewhere. If your on a budget, make the decision now of which path you want to take, some like bling bling, some like vroom, vroom...