Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

New Halo Headlights Wiring Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Default New Halo Headlights Wiring Question

I bought some halo headlights for my 2000 EX 2DR and have a question about them. I didn't buy them from here, but they are pretty much just like the ones in this link -> http://www.migicar.com/jklhc9698pcchl.html .

Other than the fact that one of the high-beam bulbs was burnt out when I got it, the installation went pretty smooth. But when I turn out the high-beams, the low beams go off. I know that the way the original light worked (only one bulb) the low-beam filament would turn off when the high-beams were turned on.

Does anyone know how I can make it so my low-beam lamps stay on when I flip to high-beams? I assume people have probably done this before, it doesn't really make sense to shut off the low-beam light.

The only way I could think of doing it though would require stripping the wires and hooking up a diode so the high-beam circuit would power the low-beams as well. I'm just hoping there's an easier way.

Thanks.

Old 06-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Default RE: New Halo Headlights Wiring Question

Also, I haven't hooked up the LED halos for the bulbs yet and I was wondering which configuration I should set them up for. These are the options I have thought of.
1. Both rings on anytime headlights are on.
2. Rings on only when corresponding light is on. (Ring around high-beam only on when high-beam is on)
If you have another option I'd love to hear it.

Thanks.