Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

not sure if this is the right place for this question but....

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 03:53 PM
HCF Member
Default not sure if this is the right place for this question but....

i know they are two different models but i have seen places on the net where people have swaped out the dash from a integra and put it into a civic. my question is could i take a del-sol dash and put it into my civic? or is the del sol smaller in width than a civic?

Old 10-12-2008, 09:57 AM

i'm not 100% sure, but I have driven a 93 Civic and a 93 Del Sol, and they both seem to be the same width.
It wouldn't surprise me, with the Del Sol and Civic being so alike... I'm pretty sure the parts behind the dash are exactly the same.

I can go measure it for you if you'd like

Old 10-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

I put a 1996 Integra dash into my 1990 Civic hatchback I used to have. It was not a direct bolt in, some heavy modification was made to make it work.

Being that a del-sol is a model of a civic, the dash should swap with just some modification (maybe none). Like trust said though I'm not 100% sure.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:17 PM

I just went and drove my Sol, and I was taking a look at it (didn't get to measure, it started raining).
As far as I can remember what my 93 Civic's Door panels looked like, it looks like the spot where the door panel is against the dash when the door is closed may be exactly the same as the one on a civic. If so, you won't have to swap door panels.
Now, I think that if you have a coupe, the Del Sol door panels might fit too. But i'm not really sure about that at all, the overall size and shape just looks very similar as much as i can remember.

One problem I realized though is, if you look at a Del Sol dash, in the middle is the console, which runs all the way down the middle of the car with no breaks between sections. For it to look right you'll have to do the whole console, or fabricate your own console. I'm not sure if the console section will fit though on your Civic, because on a Del Sol, the console is higher up. You may have to fabricate the entire console. If you're lucky and it fits, you'll just have to cap off the back end of the console with some fiberglass or something, because on the Del Sol the console actually goes all the way to the back of the interior, connecting to a rear panel. Because of this, the end of the console is open.

I think fitment of the actual dash should be pretty easy.
One thing I do know though is that the A/C parts (besides the vents) and the steering wheel/column is the same as a 92-95 Civic. That should make a few things easier.