Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

OMG SO SCARED PLEASE HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Default OMG SO SCARED PLEASE HELP!!!!

k so i was driving pretty fast down a street and all of a sudden i hit a huge bump without warning i think it was a huge speed bump and my car jumped up and i heard this huge grinding noise so i pulled over and checked my car out, tha body kit is fine no cracks, and nothing seems to be leaking, but now i'm all paronoid,do u think i did any damage :S , anything tha will all of a sudden come up later on down the road :S.... i think the car drives normal i cant tell cause now every little noise worries me, what could possibly have grinded? my car is pretty low, :S omg i'm so scared i may have damaged my car now :S ..... any1 have any advice? has this happened to anyone else be4? PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS AND INPUT PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

Old 06-08-2006, 09:07 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: OMG SO SCARED PLEASE HELP!!!!

The flux capacitor is shot, and the muffler bearings will all need to be replaced.

Dont sweat it until stuff starts falling off, then take pics and Ill tell u what it is.

Old 06-08-2006, 09:10 PM
HCF Member

had some like that - maybe not as severe.
if there is not something right away - probably everything is OK

Old 06-08-2006, 09:16 PM

omg thank you guys ... i'm sure u could probably imagine what i am going through, especially since i JUST baught the car 2 weeks ago. thank you for your help and input i really appriciate it

Old 06-08-2006, 09:24 PM
HCF Member

lol I'm guessing your going to baby your car for a while now after that scare, I doubt you did anything severe or anything at all if everything looks fine and is still running smoothly. I could have been your tires rubbing on your fenders since your car is lowered, but that is nothing like a grinding noise.. it sounds more like uve just ran a dog over or something.

TiCkEr

Old 06-08-2006, 09:30 PM

your right i am going to baby my car :S lol .... i'm already scared of wrecking it i never owned a car be4 in my life and i never drove stick be4 in my life till i baught this car i still dont even think i got the hang of driving stick everytime i switch from 1st to 2nd gear my car ( i dont kno how to explain it) "staggers"? kinda jumps back n forth i guess lol i cant explain it, and all's i'm worried about is burning out the clutch or sumthing expensive like that. Sometime i regret buying this car :S, only cause i paid so much for it and i never owned a car be4 in my life

Old 06-08-2006, 09:45 PM
HCF Member

Hang in there man.. and don't worry soo much lol. As for learning how to drive stick, it will come naturally to you in no time. Try not to think about it or worry about it as much and just go with it. As for the jerks you get from first to second.. you'll learn how to shift your car smootly with practice. As long as you're not driving the **** out of your car and not getting big jerky stalls everytime you leave first I wouldn't worry too much about your clutch burning out. Alot of people like to upgrade their clutch down the road anyways.

hope this helped

TiCkEr

Old 06-08-2006, 09:52 PM

oh yea man i have alot of HUGE upgrades in mind lol i'm goin all out with this car, i just want to get to kno it a lil better first :P and also get a chance to save some money lol but i'm affraid by tha time i do all tha my car will be out-dated and it will be impossible for me to find aftermarket parts :P

Old 06-08-2006, 10:03 PM
HCF Member

lol speaking of your car.. what kind of car is it lol? year/model/mods etc. And if it is infact a Civic I wouldn't worry about trying to find aftermarket parts for it :P

EDIT: corrected a spelling mistake

TiCkEr

Old 06-08-2006, 10:11 PM

i have a 2000 honda civic si ( but its the canadian model so it has the D16Y8 engine) i have a cold air intake and a lil body kit and a full catback exhaust

Quick Reply: OMG SO SCARED PLEASE HELP!!!!