HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/)
-   -   Picking up a CF Hood in a different state, any suggestions?! (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/picking-up-cf-hood-different-state-any-suggestions-42121/)

danomatic93 04-12-2007 08:21 AM

Picking up a CF Hood in a different state, any suggestions?!

So, I might be driving from Wisconsin to Minnesota to pick up a CF hood. Are there any suggestions on how I should/could do it? I'm almost tempted to drive there without my hood and putting it on when I get there. Is that even legal to do?? And, no, I don't have a truck. I only have my civic.

2slo4u 04-12-2007 08:24 AM

RE: Picking up a CF Hood in a different state suggestions?!

It might be alegal. But hey take a chance. Just tell the cop your on your way to get a hood.

Forty04 04-12-2007 08:33 AM

ORIGINAL: 2slo4u

It might be alegal. But hey take a chance. Just tell the cop your on your way to get a hood.
Exactly. The worst they can do is give you a "fix it" ticket, which you could get tossed out later the same day after putting the new hood on.

How far is the trip though, I dont think I'd want to be driving on the highway with no hood for more than a few miles, IF that

danomatic93 04-12-2007 08:38 AM

I know that's my worry. It's from Madison, WI to Minneapolis, Mn. It's a 4.5 hour drive (273miles)

ScoobyAddict14 04-12-2007 09:30 AM

i would not drive without a hood for 273 miles, do you have access to a truck?

danomatic93 04-12-2007 09:33 AM

nope

2slo4u 04-12-2007 09:36 AM

Whats wrong with driving with out a hood? I mean 273 miles is hella far,I would never do it for a hood.But is it bad for your motor to drive that far with out a hood?

cderalow 04-12-2007 09:38 AM

not sure why everyone thinks driving around without a hood is dangerous or what?

if your car is in good shape, and the motor doesn't have problems, you should be fine, for however long...

i used to drive my pickup around sans hood for weeks at a time

edit: i don't necessarily recommend it, but there really isn't that much that can go wrong that needs the hood...

be prepared to get ****ty gas mileage though

Forty04 04-12-2007 10:13 AM

True, there isn't a lot that can go wrong, but its not a chance that I would EVER take. Hell, you're better off putting a blanket on top of your car, and tying the hood to the roof

danomatic93 04-12-2007 10:14 AM

I thought about even taping the hood to my hood, but with my luck I know it would fly off.