Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

removing gauge surround bezel 1994 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 02:44 AM
HCF Member
Default removing gauge surround bezel 1994 Civic

I have done the search and even looked at the manual for removing the gauge cluster bezel. I see to remove the screws and pop out the hazard switch. What is troublesome is the clips that must be detached. Does anyone have a "pry here" or "insert small flat bladed screwdriver at this point" that they can share? A "pull gently whilst grabbing here" would be great. Even a reassurance that a deft touch won't necessarily destroy the bezel would go a long way.

Thanks,

Ed Fisher
Dallas, Tx

Old 07-07-2010, 04:43 AM
HCF Member
Default did it, no broken bezel or clips

Just an FYI for anyone that reads this. After removing the hazard switch with a dull screwdriver prying upward and removing the connector, there is a screw behind the switch. There are also two screws on the uppermost part of the bezel. After removing three screws I pulled gently starting at the hazard switch opening. The bezel yielded easily on the right side and began coming away from the dash. The only tricky part was the left side. This entailed a little wiggling to free the upper part of the bezel that had a moulded clip/retainer on the upper portion to retain it against the dash. Gentle pulls/twists and wiggles freed it with no damage whatsoever.

Hope this helps,

Ed Fisher
Dallas, Tx