Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rolling inner fender lips... whats the best way to do that?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 03:57 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default Rolling inner fender lips... whats the best way to do that?

well i just what it says...

i just tried slaping on my cheap @ss rims i just got and painted up and wouldnt ya guess it.. tires hit..
whats the best way to roll the rear inner fender lips?

i put on the 215tire in the rear and it just about rubbed siting level... so i cannt run the full set of rims till i replace that one tire at least... and definatly have to roll the fender lips cause they try to cut into side wall when i corner hard....

Old 06-20-2007, 06:44 AM
June 2010 ROTM
Default RE: Rolling inner fender lips... whats the best way to do that?

Well, the method I have always heard of people doing is with a baseball bat, preferrably made of wood. Stick it inside between the fender and the wheel and literallt roll it on up on the fender.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:43 AM

fender roller(stay away from the bat..) and heat gun.

and..

cuz even with the roller and heat gun, u will prolly still crack the paint just a tad..

Old 06-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Recognized HCF Member

where can i get or rent that roller thing? my other choice was just using a small cut off wheel making a bunch of slits and using some pliers or something to roll the metal up than using some primer and black paint and then some black silicone over the cut joints...

i was realy hoping to roll my new rims to this car show saturday but now i dont think ill be able to cause of that offsized tire no way i can put it on the rear..... my only other way i think is to buy smaller tires...... i havent tried the front rims on yet so im not sure if they will be aproblem or not.... might have to buy smaller tires all the way around...

Old 06-20-2007, 02:58 PM

u can get them online ormaybe rent them from an auto store(if they have it). new they run around $200 for the kit so if i were u, i'd look around locally to see if anyone has a one u can rent. best bet is to look around some local autox forums. if u do buy one, u can atleast ease the cost buy renting it out to ppl and/or charging to do rolling jobs, i kno a few ppl that do it. i've heard of ppl cutting and clamping the lip but that can hurt ur paint more and also leave little indentations on ur fender. guy i met at a race last weekend did it on his hatch and u could see little dimples on the fender..either way u do it, u have to take ur time and be careful, and u'll prolly end up using that touch up paint.

Old 06-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya ive been looking localy but i cannt find anyone or place yet... and definatly dont wanna put down no INSAIN 200-300dollar deposit!!!!!!
i think if i cannt find one to rent ill either have to just cut away and bend it up or ditch the rims and have to stick with some 16s.