Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

squeaking when turning left

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 09:58 AM
HCF Member
Default squeaking when turning left

here in Wisconsin, it started getting bitterly cold about a month ago. At that time I had all my rotors replaced as well as my rear brake pads. Also, at that time, my car started squeaking. It happens more frequently on left turns, and when it's realllllly cold out it squeaks more often. It doesnt squeak every left turn either.

Also what I found quite bizarre, is that i was parked along the side of the road with my hazards on and i noticed it was squeaking to the beat of my hazards, not sure if its the same squeak but i found that odd. .... anyone know what could be the problem?

Also, a bit before the squeaking started i had a triple gauge pod installed with a volt meter, oil/fuel ratio, and oil pressure. not sure if this is relevant however

thanks

Old 12-27-2007, 10:09 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: squeaking when turning left

It could be the power steering belt since it's doing it while you turn. Have you pinpointed the exact location of the squeak?

Old 12-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Squeaking to the beat of the hazard lights may indicate that the alternator belt is loose or glazed.

For squeaking when turning, check whether the power steering (PS) fluid level is low, as well as whether the PS belt is loose or glazed (as mentioned by Live_4it).

Old 12-28-2007, 05:20 PM
HCF Member

alright last night when i was driving home i noticed it was squeaking when I was going straight as well. but i would definately still say that turning left has something to do with it because ive never noticed it while turning right, only when going straight or turning left.

im assuming the power steering belt is the belt right next to the power steering fluid container and i checked that and everything looks fine, i cant tell how full my fluid is but i took the cap off and i can definately see fluid, but i just cant tell if its in between low and high

Old 12-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 00IntegraLS
im assuming the power steering belt is the belt right next to the power steering fluid container and i checked that and everything looks fine, i cant tell how full my fluid is but i took the cap off and i can definately see fluid, but i just cant tell if its in between low and high

The picture shows the relative locations of the PS, A/C, and alternator belts.