Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

SRS light won't go off!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 12:25 PM
HCF Member
Default SRS light won't go off!

am a little hesitant right now to drive my car more than i need to... not sure if airbags be workin, and don't really wanna test em

but anyways i replaced my stereo, replaced the battery terminal connector(but it happened when i had the old one on too), and now the light won't go off, and theres a lengthy beep as i start the car (don't think thats old). checked the fuse, and it looks good.
any suggestions, other than take it to a garage cause its broken (cause i'll cry).

thanks,

btw 97 CX, and i posted in the AV forum too cause thats what i was doing when it happened and methinks it'll be some electrical issue.
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_484614/tm.htm

Old 09-15-2007, 08:22 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: SRS light won't go off!

did you look at the fuse, and are you sure the beeping is not the new stereo?

Old 09-15-2007, 12:08 PM
HCF Member

Get it tested... i think you can go to kragen or autozone and get it checked.
They'll tell you what exactly is the problem.

I have the same problem on minez, one of my sensors went off when i hit the
front bumper... the steering wheel airbag went off.

:/ havent replaced it though. ahaha.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:52 PM
HCF Member

fuse is intact no breaks, no burns, nothing, and i live in a smallish town in canada, where you get charged a fee to look at a garage... j/k, I don't know any reputable garages to take my car to, and plus a work around has been suggested to me in other thread... methinks i'm gonna go try it now... been busy with homework and other stuff so now its car time!

Old 09-15-2007, 09:22 PM
HCF Member

Try unplugging your battery for like 5 minutes, that should reset the code, if it comes back on, then you have a problem and has to be checked.

Old 09-15-2007, 10:38 PM
HCF Member

this whole thing happened cause the battery was unplugged (from start to finish of work) and audio setup changed

Old 09-16-2007, 04:33 PM

Did unplugging (and reconnecting) the battery take care of it?

My 1995 Civic EX lightcame on when I disconnected the airbag switch on the steering column (I was changing the wiper switch and the manual recommended doing this while my face was own there). When I reconnected the airbag switch, the light never went back off.

I was wondering if I could "reset" the light just by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.

Old 09-16-2007, 05:16 PM
HCF Member

for me i could have the battery unplugged for hours and it won't go off... i have not tried the paperclip trick shown to me on my link in post 1 of this thread

Old 09-17-2007, 03:01 AM

Thanks! I'll give that a try.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:56 AM
HCF Member

Dont mean to jack the thread, but my SRS light is stuck on because of my momo steering wheel...my question is what can I do to just disable the whole airbag system and get that light to shut off for good. Will I just need to get the dash out and disable that warning light? or is there something easier?

Quick Reply: SRS light won't go off!