Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Temp Guage Not Moving

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 09:44 AM
Question Temp Guage Not Moving

I have read all over the internet to no avail and there is not an exact scenario that is like this with a 7th Gen Civic.

OK, So here Goes, When I recently purchased "Sian", My '03 Civic EX Sedan. I first noticed with the cooling system that there didn't seem to be any color to my coolant, so I would assume that the Radiator and the coolant bottle would both be full of mostly water, that's one thing that I know I should address soon with the heat of another Hot and Humid North Carolina Summer coming fast.

Again, I have no Service Engine Light Illuminated or Any other warning lights of any kind so I am kind of doubting the ECT Sensor is at fault as it never tripped a light, But again, Auto-Mechanic I'm Not. So my question is would there be something other than the afore mentioned cooling system needing to be flushed that would cause this gauge not to move at all?

I have heard the electric fans come on, right on cue...So I doubt very seriously that there is an issue with the cooling system so much.

But this inoperable gauge does seem like yet another on a short list of fiddly little or minor repairs that need doing that I have run into thus far.

Any Ideas I should check?

Larry