Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Unexplainable overheating/ no heat issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 06:06 PM
Question Unexplainable overheating/ no heat issue

I have a 2001 Honda Civic EX in silver. It has right at 200,000 miles. It started with that at the beginning of winter I noticed when it was cold that I had a heating issue. There would be heat initially when I turn it on but then with the blower on high it eventually would be cold. I was unaware that a friend of mine was going to go out to my car and take it apart pretty extensively. Things that they checked was the blower motor the thermostat we flush the heater core we replace all the fluids we did an oil change and also flush the coolant. We replaced the valve cover plug. We change the spark plugs. We checked our hoses. We had the car back together and now has no heat at all and is overheating. I have been unable to locate where the leak is coming from or where leak even is. there is no coolant in my oil or oil in my coolant and there is no antifreeze on my passenger side floor. As far as I understand that would rule out head gasket issue and also heater core issue. I really do not know which way to turn from here I don't want to just jump the car if there is something small going on wrong with it that can easily be fixed and the car be back up and running. There are no OBD2 codes on the car hense all the problems that I'm having with it. I wouldn't be open to any suggestions on where to go from here because it's cold outside it's too hard to work on cars for too long. But I don't want to just get rid of it if it can be fixed without some extensive labor work being done.