Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

went a lil too far in my civic...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 09:23 AM
HCF Member
Default went a lil too far in my civic...

yesterday i was on my way home and i was on an on ramp to get on the freeway and i was going a little bit too fast and had to hit the brakes at the end of the turn...anyways my car slid a little bit too much and the right side of the car hit the curb. its clear the alignment is messed up but do you guys think i broke anything else? it drives fine you just have to hold the wheel steady. what do you guys think? any input is appreciated

by the way i know im an idiot and shouldnt have been driving like that you dont need to tell me that much lol

Old 05-26-2007, 09:27 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: went a lil too far in my civic...

do you have aftermarket wheels? Might have bent a rim, it's not always noticable to the eye but when you drive you can definitely feel it.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:38 AM

You must have banged the curb pretty hard to throw the alignment off. You bent something, the easiest parts to bend would be lower control arm, and the tie rod. Take it to a garage and have them check it out. At best you're going to scrub the **** out of your tire, and at worst you could have an important suspension component about to fail.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:47 AM
HCF Member

stock wheels. theyre hub caps. its a lil bent but im not trippin about a hubcap. the wheel looks like its bending up if ur lookin right at it.

Old 05-26-2007, 10:25 AM
HCF Member

does it makes any noises? grinding or squeaking? It might just need an alignment but I wouldn't get your hopes up too high....

Old 05-26-2007, 10:28 AM

You definately bent a suspension component. Have it checked out, see what's bent and have it replaced.

Old 05-26-2007, 11:34 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: johnb

it drives fine you just have to hold the wheel steady
Its not going to drive fine for long if you keep driving it with the wheel shaking. It puts stress on all the other suspension components.

Old 05-26-2007, 12:48 PM
HCF Member

My curb excursions usually bent the rims. Have you tried putting the car up on jacks and rotating the wheels to see if they wobble? If that doesn't show anything then you probably have some bent suspension components.

Old 05-26-2007, 04:06 PM
HCF Member

if its a suspension component how much do you guys think it will cost me?

Old 05-26-2007, 06:53 PM
HCF Member

price depends on what you bent. LCA is probably bent, and possibly your tie rod end and wheel as well. Price depends on if you want to go cheap (junkyard) or upgrade to performance components. Keep in mind no matter what you do you should get an alignment done as well...

Quick Reply: went a lil too far in my civic...