Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Where to find Torque specs for your car

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 07:16 AM
HCF Member
Default Where to find Torque specs for your car

To make myself clear from the start, I am looking for settings for a torque wrench to put my car back together. Just took out the transmission on my 2004 Civic SI, and would like to put her all back together this weekend. I don't think I'd get a chance to get my hands on a book by then, are there any online resources I could use to find all of the torque specs for the bolts I need to put back on(intake manifold, engine mounts, headers(yeah, Im doing some other stuff too), transmission, etc....). If anyone knows where I can get this information quickly, please let me know. Thanks.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:12 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Where to find Torque specs for your car

You can get it from the manual, I don't remember exactly where I downlaoded it from, but do a search and you'll find one.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:54 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Where to find Torque specs for your car

for the most part, tight's tight and too tight's broke. except the clutch cover bolts which need to be between 12-17 ft/lbs. i just replaced the whole motor in mine, and that was the only thing i used the torque wrench for. your mileage may vary.