Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

WTF is wrong with my car

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 12:06 PM
Default WTF is wrong with my car

Got a used civic on the weekend, $200 plus a case of beer.

It's leaking oil really bad, my driveway is already covered. I think it's coming from the right front tire area, well under the car (engine). Also there is some redish white liquid leaking near the front. It runs pretty rough but what do you expect for a 200 dollar car. I think I got an exhaust leak as well.

What would your recommend that I do first? It's my winter beater, not much else it's good for.

I got a nasty stain in the interior also, really rank smell to. Are the auto detailing places worth the hundred bucks to clean the car or is a pressure washer a better suggestion?

Old 08-29-2005, 12:18 PM
Default RE: WTF is wrong with my car

No help? Great site. Not getting help posting pics, not getting any help here either, nice. Waste.

Old 08-29-2005, 12:38 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: ****_Stain_Focus

No help? Great site. Not getting help posting pics, not getting any help here either, nice. Waste.
heres a thought, settle down, and be patient. You waited a whole 12 minutes for help. We do have lives and don't spend every waking moment on this site. How bout giving us a little info about the car, Year, trim, auto/manual?

You've stumbled upon the best civic forum on the net, with a LOT of knowledgable people. Please, give us some time, we will get back with you to answer your question. Well, someone who may know whats wrong will, i personally have no idea without some more details, so for now i cannot help.

Old 08-29-2005, 01:29 PM

More info is needed. Almost as bad as the guy that said "Something's wrong with my engine, can anyone tell me how to fix it?".

Old 08-29-2005, 02:39 PM
Cat Fuсker

You need to get under there and tell us where exactly is the oil coming from...it could be anything...the reddish stuff sounds like transmission fluid if you have an automatic. We really do need more detail.

Old 08-29-2005, 02:51 PM

I don't know what year it is actually, plates are still in my friends name, I'll ask him tonight, it's damn old.......

Oil looks to be leaking from a panel under the engine, part of the engine.

Red/white liquid is leaking from a bolt also under the engine to the right as well. The right suspension looks banged up and the frame is really scraped, lotsa dents. Maybe ran over something?

Old 08-29-2005, 02:54 PM

Looks like it's been leaking for years, there's alot of rust under the car and the oil is tarred all over the frame, seems like the oil is even on the back axel but hard to tell. Car is in rough shape. There is also oil on top of the engine, that or alot of grease. Would it be a good idea to wash the engine bay down and maybe any new oil would be easily seen? There is alot of rust on the car, all over the place, even the inside of the engine bay.

Old 08-29-2005, 03:22 PM

Looks like there is a gap between two parts of the engine, there's some rubber (gasket?) coming out of the gab, looks like it's been pulled out. Oil is leaking from there. There is also a huge dent in the side of the engine, looks like it got hit with a sledge hammer.

There is some front end damage (right side) so maybe there was an accident?

Old 08-29-2005, 03:40 PM

There is a bolt missing on the right side of the engine also, not really any oil coming out of there, I think. It's really gummed up though, mud?

It's a manual trans also, trim, I don't know.... trim like the interior? I'll get the exact year of the car tonight, I believe it's very early 80's or older.

Old 08-29-2005, 03:52 PM

I washed the engine bay down, there's alot of rust, ALOT of rust, more under all the gunk. God this car is a piece of ****, I think I am going to give it back and walk, not worth the hastle. Biggest POS I've ever seen, for real.

Some bolt heads sheared off, **** it, I'm junking this biotch.......

Quick Reply: WTF is wrong with my car