Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Chicagoland Shops

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 12:59 PM
HCF Member
Default Chicagoland Shops

I've been trying to find a shop to get a quote on rebuilding a GSR engine, but i've had no luck. I've emailed a couple shops already and nobody has replied as of yet. Does anyone know any shops in the area that will do the work?

Old 04-13-2006, 07:02 AM
Default RE: Chicagoland Shops

Sure don't man i have been lookin all over the chi for a good shop, none found

Old 04-13-2006, 03:44 PM
HCF Member

The thing is that i wanna do most of the work on my own, but there is some stuff that i can't do and other stuff that is too complicated for me to do. I can't bore/hone the block and isntall sleeves. I don't know how to blueprint a block. I don't want to install the pistons/rods/crankshaft/bearings. I know that there is AMS (but they do DSM work mostly) and there is SpeedSix motorsports that does Honda work and another shop i can't remember. I think that if i was to call them i would get a better respones, but since i'm not that serious about getting the work done i don't want to do it. What do you need done?

Old 04-17-2006, 08:10 AM

I need to find someone who can wire a Profec II Electronic Boost Controller and help me swap a ZC into my EG, which i'm positive i can do the swap myself but the wiring is where i will need help, i did the swap into my old SiR-T and now i'm taking that motor and putting into my EG

Old 04-17-2006, 03:53 PM
HCF Member

I wanna learn how to do engine swaps so i can swap a GSR into an EG couple when i get one. How hard can it be to wire the boost controller? Does it come with instructions?

Old 04-18-2006, 07:15 AM

the ProfecII instructions were in japanese!! they were from GREDDY JP not US. no the ZC is shot i just found out so im gettin a B18 in a week or 2

Old 04-18-2006, 03:40 PM
HCF Member

Do you know where i could get a GSR ubercheap?

Old 04-19-2006, 10:19 AM

JUNK YARD, i just scored one for 500 bux....whole car

Old 04-19-2006, 03:40 PM
HCF Member

Seriously? You think i can get the whole engine, trans, harness, ECU for 500 or less? If you get a tip on one, ill be all over it like a stink on a monkey.

Old 04-19-2006, 03:49 PM

i would be happy to find places around me that do anything.. all of the tuner shops are closing.. i know of Jeff evans having a shop but dunno if he does or has somebody that does the engine rebuild part.. not just tuning..but even that is hours away from me.. which means alot of cash for towing the car to and from..

Quick Reply: Chicagoland Shops