New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

06 civic problems?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 10:00 PM
Default 06 civic problems?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has any problems with their 06 civic? I bought a new civic ex 2 door white w/nav and i have had major problems with this car. i noticed that on the garage floor there was a spot from my car, and i thought i could smell it running hot. anyways I took it in to the dealership and had it checked. They told me their was an air pocket made in the block of my engine and had caused a leak of coolant. I was like wtf? then they said they had to replace the WHOLE motor(my mouth hit the floor). the whole motor?.....in a brand new car?.....so they bring in this "expert" from honda motors and insure me that it will be factory condition again..... Well after two weeks of driving a piece of crap focus i finally get my car back. Missed it alot!....but now the digital speedometer and nav system are acting kinda retarted. Like i'm driving 20mph and It says I'm doing 55mph.....I have know idea what to do with this car. i hate to have to take it back to the dealership again. any help?....anyone had problems?

thanx

Old 07-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Default RE: 06 civic problems?

Read up on the lemon law thats all I have to say. I have had a bad experince also with the dealer too. I had just had the car in to replace the transmission bearings on an 05 with 34 k on it and i go out to test drive it and see that my hood had been scratched to sh**. Obviously someone backed into the damn thing or something. So I take it back and they tell me that they cant do anything about it until next week[>:]. I never had so much BS ever with a new car in my life. Is there any integrity anymore? good luck I hope it works out for you.

Old 07-27-2006, 12:07 PM
HCF Member

Just go back to the dealership and show them the problem. You just bought this car new, you shouldn't have these issues. If other problems pop up, ask for another unit (car).
Good luck!

Old 07-27-2006, 12:19 PM

My stock stereo is on the fritz right now, it doesnt light up, none of the buttons work and so on and about 5 minutes into driving it is fine, then starts messing up again. Other things I need to have address are the truck lid wasn't aligned properly, the driverside A pillar cover ticks, passenger seat shifts a little (like it isnt bolted down properly) and the mechs got grease on my roof liner when installing the sunroof visor. I just havent had a chance to get it back it. The stereo is the big concern for now, I really do not want my dash pulled out on a brand new car.

Old 07-27-2006, 01:45 PM
Ben

Sounds like the new model problems anyone has after someone releases a new body style in a car...always go for the second year the body style is out that way the kinks have already been unraveled.

Old 07-27-2006, 02:30 PM

Yeah, most of it is simple fixs on mine (and could be done by myself, but what good would a warrenty be?), I just need to get into the dealer and see if they can get me an EX to drive around.

Old 07-27-2006, 05:14 PM

06Si here with 18,000 miles and I haven't had ANY problems with mine yet. Everything on this car seems very high quality.

RDSS - Did the AEM Short Ram Intake mod have a noticable affect on the power? I really like the power of my car, but wouldn't turn down some extra HP. I'm not very knowledgable on any of these mods, so I would appreciate any info you could throw my way.

Thanks

Old 07-27-2006, 05:25 PM

hey thanks for the responses. I took it by the dealership today and they fixed it. It was a sensor and some other thing. so now it seems to be fine. I just hope it stays that way. only 2300 miles and a new motor......and you would think that I would know better than to buy a new car the first year it gets a major redesign......when I build cars for a living.....

Old 07-28-2006, 12:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Spike06Si

06Si here with 18,000 miles and I haven't had ANY problems with mine yet. Everything on this car seems very high quality.

RDSS - Did the AEM Short Ram Intake mod have a noticable affect on the power? I really like the power of my car, but wouldn't turn down some extra HP. I'm not very knowledgable on any of these mods, so I would appreciate any info you could throw my way.

Thanks
I do like the AEM SRI. I figure if there was any gain it was minimal. I does seem to pull alittle harder and spins 1-2 a little more on a power shift. I think that together with a Cat-Back I will notice a lot more power on Seat of the Pants Dyno. But overal, it looks nicer and it is quite a bit louder when more than 1/3 into the throttle.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:07 PM

Sounds like a plan. The cash flow is a little tight here so I know I'm not doing any mods for awhile. Let me know how it goes.

Quick Reply: 06 civic problems?