New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

3rd Generation Eclipse. Or Civic..

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 08:56 PM
Default 3rd Generation Eclipse. Or Civic..

Well this is pretty much what it all comes down to. I like the looks and styling of of the 3g compared to the Civics but what about dependabilty. I aslo like the V6 option and leather and everything like that.

Honda's customer service has to be better then mitsu's from what i've been reading on www.eclipseforums.org It seems many people have problems with them.

Anyone have any other opionons for this?

Old 12-09-2004, 09:16 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 3rd Generation Eclipse. Or Civic..

mitsubishi sucks. the cars are ok, but the company sucks. and as for the v6, the 2nd gen turbo 4 will blow away the v6. as well as the lack of an all-wheel-drive option on the 3rd gen. if its got to be an eclipse, get the 2nd gen turbo. if its gonna be a civic, get the 6th gen si. or an older one and do a motor swap. all way cheaper than a new 3rd gen eclipse.

Old 12-09-2004, 09:16 PM

mitsubishis are unreliale cars, especially the eclipses. Not sure about a 3rd gen, but the 1st and 2nd gens start having problems after about 60k miles. Although the V6 one might be fast, I'm sure it won't last very long.

You can't go wrong with a honda or toyota

Old 12-09-2004, 09:39 PM

ORIGINAL: sacicons

mitsubishi sucks. the cars are ok, but the company sucks.
really? wow! wake up, you drive a Civic [&:]

and as for the v6, the 2nd gen turbo 4 will blow away the v6.
stock vs. stock its a drivers race.... does that qualify as blowing away???
throw a stock civic in the mix, and you get a gangbang..... the civic taking it in both ends.
as well as the lack of an all-wheel-drive option on the 3rd gen.
you sir, are correct.

if its got to be an eclipse, get the 2nd gen turbo.
GSX > GT V6 = yes
GST > GT V6 = no
if its gonna be a civic, get the 6th gen si. or an older one and do a motor swap. all way cheaper than a new 3rd gen eclipse.

Old 12-09-2004, 10:44 PM
Cat Fuсker

I have an experience with the 3rd gen GT V6...its an allright car, but EGR went bad at 15K...what to say about the rest of the car???

Old 12-09-2004, 10:52 PM

the little civic boys had to talk shish...so us eclipse boys have overran your little forum. all i hear is if we get this super dooper h22 VTEC motor that is what 3g's? to put it in my 82 civic...i can take out an eclipse....wahhhhhhhhhh is all i hear. my mom has a tl type s and i admit vtec is very sweet...but there is a difference from a 265 hp motor of a TL than there is to a 160hp vtec in those lil 4 bangin pieces of shi* that you all have....our cars need to be maintained but if we got the money to buy one..we got the money to maintain it. i could have bought a civic for 5 g's and turbochaged it but that is a waste of time cuz say 1G into an eclipse and ill beat u again....plus the fact that civics are ugly and have been since the first one was made....its take about everything you can possibly buy from aftermarket to make a civic look nice....i live in NOVA and there is a nice lookin civic i admit....but when it takes off its in 4th gear when it gets to 30 MPH....when it sounds like the car is bein put to the floor its goin about 10MPH...wtf is wrong with you people you have no brains or style....you put a muffler on your civics and think you can go around revvin at anyone...well thats my 0.02 cents peece out *** boys

Old 12-09-2004, 11:14 PM
Cat Fuсker

Well there you go stereotyping...

and for all I know the 3rd gen eclipses are ugly...2nd gen are nice tho. And in my opinion the only better looking car than a 92-95 civic coupe is a dodge viper(please don't kill me over this one guys :-D)

Old 12-10-2004, 12:31 AM
HCF Member

the little civic boys had to talk shish...so us eclipse boys have overran your little forum. all i hear is if we get this super dooper h22 VTEC motor that is what 3g's? to put it in my 82 civic...i can take out an eclipse....wahhhhhhhhhh is all i hear. my mom has a tl type s and i admit vtec is very sweet...but there is a difference from a 265 hp motor of a TL than there is to a 160hp vtec in those lil 4 bangin pieces of shi* that you all have....our cars need to be maintained but if we got the money to buy one..we got the money to maintain it. i could have bought a civic for 5 g's and turbochaged it but that is a waste of time cuz say 1G into an eclipse and ill beat u again....plus the fact that civics are ugly and have been since the first one was made....its take about everything you can possibly buy from aftermarket to make a civic look nice....i live in NOVA and there is a nice lookin civic i admit....but when it takes off its in 4th gear when it gets to 30 MPH....when it sounds like the car is bein put to the floor its goin about 10MPH...wtf is wrong with you people you have no brains or style....you put a muffler on your civics and think you can go around revvin at anyone...well thats my 0.02 cents peece out *** boys
i think there is one or two of us on this forum who'd like to call you on this.

as for your precious DSM, yeah, they can be sweet cars. the 4g63 is one of my favorite motors, but i swept the track with one at the last drags i went to. and that was with the 1.6L.... NA 1.6L, with minor bolt-ons, and traction problems in 2-3-4 gears. so if you want to talk ish, then bring it to sacramento raceway. ill bolt on my nitto 555Rs and my new 1.8L will school you too.

Old 12-10-2004, 12:38 AM
HCF Member

the little civic boys had to talk shish...so us eclipse boys have overran your little forum.
and its overun. not overran.

Old 12-10-2004, 12:50 AM
HCF Member

and i havent heard of very many "real" mitsu fans(y'know, the ones who actually know what they are talking about, and when they went to buy a sports car, they got the evo) defending the 3rd gen. MITSU SOLD OUT. they have some great cars, but sorry, the great ones dont have v6s under their hoods. America wants torque, so they sold out. and yeah, hondas doing the same thing, so dont even bother. youll find many of us dont think highly of what theyve done to the civics recently. but at least they will usually honor the warranties, unlike mitsubishi who is voiding warranties on evos for people "driving them too hard" isnt that what they were made for. the evo is the reason mitsubishi didnt go out of business, and they turned their backs on the owners of them. great company. and im not just spouting crap, i know this from experience. i have a few friends with evos and i hang out with the NorCalEvo.net crew, so i know from firsthand experience about the warranty troubles.

so if you want to have an intelligent debate, then welcome to HondaCivicForum.com, if you want to come in here and start flaming us for the tastes and opinions we have, then ill just delete all the threads you start.

Quick Reply: 3rd Generation Eclipse. Or Civic..