New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

The 500 dollar project ex

Old 01-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Default The 500 dollar project ex

Hello everyone, I am new here. I am an avid honda guy and just bought myself a 500 dollar '93ex 4dr. 175k.It is my fifth honda in thepast 9 years.First off, do I have a 1.6 vtec?125 hp? Its got some pep, and sounds the part but nowhere on the engine does it say vtec. My other ride is an 01 cl type S but wanted an ebay car.haha I've been around GSRs, my last two cars were gsr 4drs, the first lasted a month and gotstolen in Vegas. So, to start out, My front end is hurting. I need new axles, both cv and boots are toast. Second, everything in the suspension on both sides, moves. I found the problem, but am having trouble naming the area that needs replacement. At the furthest point in and at the bottom of the 'control arm?' (close to the oil pan on the driver side) is a bushing that needs replacement and is why the front end is way way loose. Can I replace just the bushing or should I spend the money and just replace everything. I found a complete set up on ebay for around 200 dollars with shipping, both sides. But I really want to get this car on the road for cheap. If I can get away with just the bushing that would be sweet. The ball joints seem o.k. The shocks(or are they struts on the ex?) are tight all around. I have some electrical issues, but overall, the car is tight and runs great. New clutch, radiator, and two ten inch Kicker Solos with a 1000 watt kicker amp running the subs, all came with the car. Thanks guys!