New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

98 hatch turbo.. my first honda

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 08:41 PM
HCF Member
Smile 98 hatch turbo.. my first honda

hey guys... i'm a nissan guy (350z) but i saw this civic for sale and just had to get it..... i just bought a 98 black honda civic hatch back custom turbo..

the thing is a sleeper its got stock muffler/body parts/even steelies with stock hub caps....and the intercooler is almost invisible

the dude who built it is the guy who sold it.. its got a GM truck turbo t3/t4 flange and its a pretty good size and it just dumps out to a straight pipe cut off...

the motor is a DOHC b18 ? it is from a 96 LS so i don't know what b18 model it is does anybody know? but it has aftermarted pistons and rods... crank is stock but that shoudln't be a problem right???

the head is a non vtec head.. is it possible the change it to a vtec head?? would it do anything good ???

its good big injectors and fuel pump.. and some kind of weird computer system that i have no idea about because it doesn't use o2 sensors or anything??? i really don't know i should ask him about it again ??

its got nos dry shot but its not hooked up which i ll probably leave that way hahah

its got a couple other goodies too... boost controler , ect...

8psi makes 240? hp and hes got a high setting of 14 psi making 300hp to the wheels....

i drove it and it spins 3rd gear on 14psi LOL ..im going to need suspension and tires for it...

if anybody could give some answers on the gsr/vtec head that would be awesome... thanks guys hope to be sticking arond

Old 09-03-2008, 09:12 PM
HCF Member

damn good buy lets see some pictures. Ya you can do whats an lsvtec.which is the block you have with a vtec head itll be good for some more horses but if its done wrong you will F your stuff up.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:31 PM
HCF Member

its got no a/c or p/s roll up windows ... it has hid lights it has a ex cluster with tach.. the paint isnt that shiny but there is zero rust and only about 2 small door dings...fell in love with the sound and how fast it is hahah... it might even beat the Z from a roll on high boost..

got it for 3900 i'll take pics when i get the car i haven't picked it up yet but i paid for it.... just doing some research now i don't know anything about turbos or hondas...

he said something about an ectune ? any1 fimialri with this comuter system cause i have no idea..

Old 09-04-2008, 06:45 AM
HCF Member

you payed as much as me for my stupid car dam it lol i get the gay deals

Old 09-04-2008, 07:01 AM
HCF Member

i know i'm happy about the deal... i thinks it awesome... its no show car though... the paint is a little faded and has normal chips in the front .. but no rust... he just bought a house and needs a stock car to get to work... so i got the at the right place at the right time.... the thing puts you in the seatttttt hahahah the little thing screams...

Old 09-04-2008, 07:06 AM
HCF Member

i bet i wish i coulda found that buy.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:18 AM
HCF Member

the headlights are crappy and yellow.... i like the 4dr headlights with the orange corners and the little circle on the newer civics like 2000s or 01s i think... will those headlights fit.. ? or how dow that work

Old 09-04-2008, 07:29 AM
HCF Member

They won't fit. Those are for sedans. Your car is a hatch.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:38 AM
HCF Member

i see... i wanna keep the sleeper look.. the only thing that sux is the straight/dump pipe... i wanna get a cut out with a switch so i can switch between straight pipe and a regular muffler... the turbo is a truck turbo too so it spools even when your daily driving you can hear it through the exhuast at low rpms lol

Old 09-04-2008, 11:25 AM
HCF Member

Ya i like the sleeper look also. I don't have up to date pics up but you should think about a lip kit they look nice on the car. Post pics when you can.

Quick Reply: 98 hatch turbo.. my first honda