New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

About to join the Civic world...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 02:46 AM
Default About to join the Civic world...

So, yeah, I'm fairly certain that within the next month, I will (hopefully) be joining the Civic brotherhood. My previous car has been very kind to me but it was not a car that I wanted. It was originally supposed to be a gift but it ceases to be a gift when you have to pay for it (which I have no problem whatsoever but I don't want to pay for something I don't want).

Anyway, the name's Joe and I found an '05 Civic at a dealer that I'm interested in. Is there anything about '05s that I should be weary of? Every car, regardless of make/model/year, usually has a quirk or two that falters. Is there anything in particular about an '05 that I should check when I visit them?

And since my previous car didn't have power anything, does every '05 trim come with the power package (windows, locks, mirrors etc.)? Since I'm more interested in economy and convenience, power everything is a must.

Pardon my ignorance but this is my first post and I figure who better to ask such questions than actual Civic owners.

Thanks.

Old 12-30-2006, 11:06 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: About to join the Civic world...

I know nothing about 05'sbut sounds like you're going to want to pick up a Civic EX. Power everything.

Old 12-30-2006, 06:16 PM

Does that mean the lower trim/models (such as the DX or LX) don't come with the power package? After the turn of the calendar, I'm gonna get in touch with the dealer.

Old 12-30-2006, 06:43 PM
HCF Member

Welcome, just hope you stick around and not stay for 2 posts and abandon your account like every other noob around.

Old 12-31-2006, 11:28 PM
HCF Member

LX come with power everything also. Just stay away from the DX because that is the lowest trim.

Old 12-31-2006, 11:53 PM

Is it safe to assume that the DX doesn't come with the power package?

Obviously, I can't call the dealer now to ask what specific trim is for sale.

Also, when I do go in to see the car in person, I wanted to know if there was anything specific about '05s that go wrong so I can talk the dealer down.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:06 PM

Just an update: it turns out that dealer was offering the DX, which, if i'm not mistaken, doesn't offer the power package. If i'm not going for performance, i'm going for convenience--and if power mirrors/windows/locks are not included, I don't want it.

But, I've found EX's all over the place for good prices. I need to pick one up before January 28th, so you'll definitely be hearing from me before then.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:44 PM
HCF Member

ha poor DX its gettin pwned this last week in just about every thread

Old 01-06-2007, 09:07 PM

I need those little ammenities. My last car didn't have them lol.

Old 01-06-2007, 10:27 PM
HCF Member

get power everything, except an automatic shifter, because having to role up windows during a sudden downpour blowz...

BTW, you were asking about any cons of owning a late model civic?

the answer is A: insurance, if you're high-risk and B: everybody wants to steal it.

beyond that, it's all good. lol.

Quick Reply: About to join the Civic world...