New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

'allo, 'allo, new old guy here (hello)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Default 'allo, 'allo, new old guy here (hello)

hi folks, im new here and new to the civic ownership people. i just a couple weeks ago got a 08 black civic for my wife and she really likes most everything about it. it has a bunch of miles but she will also put on a bunch too, driving about 70 miles back and forth to work, here in beautiful sunny far northwest wisconsin.

i finally got her to let me actually drive it, and wow, what a machine with an attitude. handles like i remember my go=cart. quite peppy but the quick steering thing is a little tuff to get use to on the country roads, dimming the lights and all, makes it hard to hang on to at 70 or so. . . i contribute that to tires that came with it. but, being that its winter and snowy here in the northland, i ordered a set of blistex or whatever, tires for it. they came with rave reviews for hyway and town snow and ice. . . i sure hope so.

the radio does not have any lighting behind any of the controls either. is this a standard feature or what do i need to do to make them shine ? ?
i know that this is not a tech spot to ask how to fix them so i won;t.

however, i think i will need to have one of these little (not so little) civics for my daily driving too. probably not quite as new but then again . . . .

thanks for reading, im davidh by the way, and am a self employed tool repairman and industrial supplies sales dude. the "old guy" thing is because i may be the oldest member here. . .

Old 12-13-2009, 06:34 AM
Snail'n Admin

welcome! Youd be surprised by the age of some of the people on here. I believe Peg_Leg is like a zilliondy years old and theres a few others. I'm not too sure on the new civics (even though I work at Honda and drive them all the time) but they may have a backlit radio. I mean, if anything, I would think that the digits in the radio display would light up

Old 12-14-2009, 04:17 AM
Stinky Administrator

welcome to the forum, i have a 09 lx sedan and yes the tires that came on it are crappy. and your radio probably needs replacing honda has had trouble with the radios in these cars.

"And yes, I am a zilliondy years old" -GReddy_Civic