New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Another Introduction..

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 09:06 AM
Default Another Introduction..

Hi. My name's Justin, and I drive a 2000 dx, and let me tell you, I get smoked everytime I race. But that's okay, because I'm 16 and it's my first car.

I bought it for $1600 (Which I think is still too pricey because the original price was $2500). I got it cheap because it was overheating and radiator fluid was bubbling in the overflow. When I saw the bubbles, my first thought was the head gasket. So without thinking, I buy a new gasket without even checking the pre-existing one. It shows up on my doorstep, and I get to work. I took off the head to only find a perfectly fine head gasket. So that was kind of a buzz kill. So I started putting the head back on, but when I put the head bolts back on, I remembered that they didn't seem to have a very tight or snug fit and were fairly easy to unscrew. So after renting a torque wrench and doing the research on the bolts, I got them to an almost perfect fit. So that took care of the bubbles. The overheating was due to the cooling fan not working. It didn't work because the sensor was bad, so that was pretty easy.

So yeah, that was the mechanical problems. There's a lot more wrong with it that I'm planning on fixing, and a good amount of things that I've already done, but instead of wasting your time with that here, I'll just make a project thread here in a little bit. But that's pretty much it. Thanks for having me.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:02 PM

Welcome to the forum!