New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Another New Civic Owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 11:21 AM
Default Another New Civic Owner

Greetings everyone! I just brought my new ride home...a 1986 Civic DX. Just what you all wanted to hear, another guy with an old POS looking to trick out his ride. Not to worry, I have no desire to start modding an this car but I do want to clean it up.

This car has 248K on the clock and I can't believe how good this thing runs. The body is even in good shape. I bought it from a friend who didn't need the car any more and was going to junk it. The towing company told him they would give $50 for it. My girlfriend's Ford Tempo died a few months ago so we figure it would be a good 2nd car.

My other car is a 92 Geo Tracker and it has 270K on it and I doubt I'll ever get rid of it. I have every tool and manual for it and it runs perfect. I'm the kind who gets very attached to my vehiches and haven't had a car that didn't go for 250,000 miles before I sold it. I guess I just hate car payments.

My plans for this Civic are to clean it up, make it reliable and enjoy the ride. I hoping to tap into some of all your expertise here on the board and maybe find some parts, etc.

If you are interested in taking a peek at my new wheels there are some pix of the car and my bus (that one is a long story)

Billy Bones Bus Conversion

Bones

Old 12-12-2005, 04:14 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Another New Civic Owner

welcome to the forum[sm=hiya.gif][sm=hiya.gif] i can tell your a handy man from the work you do on the tracker, good to have you on, you'll have fun working on the civic, i have a 2000 dx..i hope i can get that many k's without any big problems

Old 12-12-2005, 04:29 PM

Welcome to the forum

Old 12-12-2005, 04:30 PM

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to HCF. [sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 12-12-2005, 06:46 PM

Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-12-2005, 06:50 PM

Welcome! Sweet beard btw.

Old 12-13-2005, 12:24 PM

Thanks for the welcome. My beard has taken on a personality of it's own (it's about 2 feet long now). I just have to set the record straight tho...just because I look odd, am kinda old and own a bus, DOES NOT MAKE ME A HIPPY!!!!!

I'm just a mechanical junkie. My bus has a Detroit 6V71...that's 6 cylinders, 71 CID per. Just some FYI, the 671 blower used on muscle cars is the blower from this engine. A detroit diesel like mine is a 2 stroke so the blower is used differently than those used on a blown gas engine. The bus is a mechanical marvel but enuff about the bus....this is a Honda board.

My girlie is firing up the Civic as I type and she is going for her first drive in it. I really love this car so far and can't wait for spring to start on some body work. Damn, it's 25 degrees out and the car starts with the tap of the key even with all those miles it. I'm just amazed.

Bones

Old 12-13-2005, 01:41 PM
HCF Member

Its a good car, welcome!

Old 12-13-2005, 08:57 PM
HCF Member

Welcome to the forum!

Old 12-13-2005, 11:01 PM
HCF Member

Man i guess i am no longer the one with the "wacky" pet lol
praying mantis's rule
and what is it doing here???
what the hell???
And with the car, is it a nice little car... you should put in a B16A2 in her,... lol and keep it sleeper too

Quick Reply: Another New Civic Owner