New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Been a Mazda Guy......

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Default Been a Mazda Guy......

Well I will be changing brands here real soon. After 3 MX-6's and 4 Ford Probes ( same motor for those who didn't know) I will be moving on to a 2000 Civic EX next week after the paper work clears. I know absolutely nothing about Honda's except that I have always liked their look. The EX I am getting has 110,000 miles on it but is pristine. It has a smooth flowing look to it which is just what I want I was never into huge front mouth bumpers and the such. I am so excited to be going from a car with virtually no aftermarket support to one with infinte support.

By the way if anyone from MI sees this is there anybody on here from around the Traverse City area?

Old 01-11-2007, 04:19 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Been a Mazda Guy......

i used to have a 96 ford probe (mazda mx-6, essentially).

that car was trouble free for more than 200,000 miles for me before I sold it to a friend.

that said, my very first car was a honda civic CX hatchback which is still on the road today with more almost 400,000 miles on the original engine and tranny. the only thing that's been changed on it are the axles and dizzy.

your new civic should provide you YEARS of trouble-free service. so get out there and find an aftermarket exhaust and intake for that thing and join the civic nation...

Old 01-11-2007, 04:28 PM
HCF Member

welcome to HCF and welcome to the civic brotherhood

Old 01-11-2007, 04:52 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Psshhtt

Well I will be changing brands here real soon. After 3 MX-6's and 4 Ford Probes ( same motor for those who didn't know) I will be moving on to a 2000 Civic EX next week after the paper work clears. I know absolutely nothing about Honda's except that I have always liked their look. The EX I am getting has 110,000 miles on it but is pristine. It has a smooth flowing look to it which is just what I want I was never into huge front mouth bumpers and the such. I am so excited to be going from a car with virtually no aftermarket support to one with infinte support.

By the way if anyone from MI sees this is there anybody on here from around the Traverse City area?
Mazdas are great rides. The new speed3 turbo is a hell of a run for the money. Btw, Civics have the most aftermarket parts in the world.

Old 01-11-2007, 05:03 PM
HCF Member

If your going to the performance car. Civic is the best with endless aftermarket support you can't go wrong.
Is your new car 5 Speed?

Old 01-11-2007, 05:11 PM
HCF Member

Civics are a little slower maybe then what your used to, but they last twice as long, and are fun cars to drive. With just a little money, you can do just about anything you want to one, which is what excites me, and I am glad I joined the civic family.

Old 01-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Eun

haha welcome.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:19 PM

ORIGINAL: johnnyGofast

If your going to the performance car. Civic is the best with endless aftermarket support you can't go wrong.
Is your new car 5 Speed?
Yes it is a 5 spd I will never own an auto if I have anything to say about it Here are the pics it is on Ebay right now I just wrecked my last Ford Probe so I am waiting on the insurance check to pay for this car.

http://i13.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/83/70/f5ff_12.JPG
http://i24.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/83/70/fb8f_12.JPG

Old 01-11-2007, 10:15 PM
HCF Member

Thats nice and clean exterior wise the only thing I would do to that car is add a stock 99-00si spoiler and maybe tint the windows. Outside of that I like the look! congrats[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 01-11-2007, 10:25 PM
HCF Member

dood man i swear to god im not bugging that is a sweet *** mother ****ing ride!!!!

Quick Reply: Been a Mazda Guy......