New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.
View Poll Results: A poll
Do it partner, you won't regret it!
43.75%
Sit on the cash, get something cheaper!
56.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Blow my Tax Return on a 96 Civic DX?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Default Blow my Tax Return on a 96 Civic DX?

Ok guys, I'm a new to the site and need some help from you guys!

By the end of this week I'll be getting my tax return and I saw this Civic DX up for sale for about $3,600. I've spoken to the owner and it has just 108K miles on it. The motor is stock and no mods of any kind done to it. Automatic but I'd want to change it to manual later on. It's lowered a bit, has a DVD, CD Radio, AMP and 2 12s in the back. It looks good, I left some pics down below.

My problem is that I just moved out here with family and I'm looking for work right now and when I receive this money and buy it I'll basically have just $500 left over. I'm pretty sure I'll get myself a decent job soon but till then my funds are going to be pretty tight.

Tell me why I should buy this car. I need to be convinced cause right now I can go either way. From the looks of it it seems like a steal according to the Blue Book on it...

I'll leave it up to you guys to decide what's the best option. Go ahead and buy this car or sit back and wait for something cheaper to come along or be driving in this baby with empty pockets.

Thanks guys, if I do buy this thing I'l lmake sure to visit and hook my baby up. Just need to get that job first... lol

TTYL

[IMG]local://upfiles/18448/0CAAA0E8C00F493AB61A7E22DCC23DFD.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/18448/33FEBB0890FB49D694C516AE809D93A6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/18448/299A4A85B51944C1B3F3A28F05B0F948.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-11-2007, 10:14 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Blow my Tax Return on a 96 Civic DX?

i say jump on it for that price i paid 5,000 for my 97 with 85,000 miles on it and it was bone stock owned by a older women.. but most of the

others i found with that milage were around 7,000 some of them were not in as as good of shape as mine

GO FOR IT let us know what u do good luck on the job

Old 02-12-2007, 01:06 AM
HCF Member

Sounds like a good price... I'd ask for a list of all the mods... Like what suspension setup is that lowered on? Was it installed professionaly? Things like that.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:17 AM
HCF Member

do it

Old 02-12-2007, 03:32 AM
HCF Member

Are there any better pictures?

I'm sure you could find a manual for around the same price...

Old 02-12-2007, 06:42 AM
HCF Member

i don't wanna be the first one to say no, but i guess i'm going to be... I think that it would be best to hold off on it until you get back on your feet... if money's tight right now, then spend your money on other things you need more, unless you absolutely need the car. And also, if it's not thecar you want, just wait to get thestickshift civic.You'll be able to find the right car that you want for the right price eventually...... BUT THAT"S JUST IMO!

Old 02-12-2007, 08:10 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: tdci29

i don't wanna be the first one to say no, but i guess i'm going to be... I think that it would be best to hold off on it until you get back on your feet... if money's tight right now, then spend your money on other things you need more, unless you absolutely need the car. And also, if it's not thecar you want, just wait to get thestickshift civic.You'll be able to find the right car that you want for the right price eventually...... BUT THAT"S JUST IMO!
+1, There are plenty of civics out there, and I'm sure you can find one that better fits what your looking for down the road. Also, it wouldn't be a good idea to put all your money into that and then not be able to get a job that supports you more than that $500 will carry you. Just my opinion, but just remember that it's always a good idea to have enough money to live for 3 months without a job. Good luck man!

Old 02-12-2007, 09:58 AM
HCF Member

It is a great deal but I agree with tdci and baker. Dont risk being tight on money. Also did you factor in the cost of tax, title etc.? If you want a 5 speed just wait Youll get your fun eventually.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:02 PM
HCF Member

Yep...Good things come to those who wait... Get a steady job first, then go looking for exactly what you want. You won't have any worries then. You'll find what you want, just give it some time. You always want to have something in your bank account anyway. You never know what can happen...

Old 02-12-2007, 04:00 PM
HCF Member

I have a dx, I love it, its auto too, but its a good start.

They are pretty easy to mod, and a mini-me type engine swap or full swap would improve the overall performance later.

It looks pretty decent for the asking price.

But again, I have to suggest you hold off till you get your new job, and know at least you have something comming in. You never know what could happen.

Maybe offer the guy a downpayment to hold it for you, and pick it up when you are hired.

My .02.

Quick Reply: Blow my Tax Return on a 96 Civic DX?