New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

From BMW to Honda

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Default From BMW to Honda

Hey guys, I just wrecked my bimmer this last weekend and instead of getting another one (it would be my fifth) I decided to look at my Honda civics, Im looking at the EK bodystyle. I know when shopping for bimmers there are things you look for that are common problems, I know the civic is pretty trouble freee, but is there anything that I should be wary of? also What coupes come with rear disc brakes? Ill have more questions in the days to come, but Im looking forward to changing it up and getting a sweet little civic.

Old 03-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Default RE: From BMW to Honda

First of all you should try for the Si...never heard of an Ek style maybe Ex...you need to drive it! give some more info on the car and then write back....

Old 03-03-2006, 04:21 PM

Are you looking to get a new or used car. Whatever you get like he said above get the si. Upgrade possibilities are better with the SI.

Old 03-03-2006, 10:26 PM
HCF Member

EK is the chassis code for 96-00s, and has become a nickname for all of them in that generation.

and yeah, try for an SI, and some Exs have 4 wheel discs as an option, but not many.

Old 03-04-2006, 12:03 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: sacicons

EK is the chassis code for 96-00s, and has become a nickname for all of them in that generation.

and yeah, try for an SI, and some Exs have 4 wheel discs as an option, but not many.
+1

your gonna wait ABS if your drivin it in the winter.

Old 03-04-2006, 01:18 AM
HCF Member

dood, you're insurance, gas and dealer maintenance costs are all gonna SHRINK dramatically if you buy a civic.

but, be forewarned. a FWD civic is totally different from a RWD bmw, as far as handling, acceleration, interiors and quality of materials.

test drive ANY car you might wanna buy first *like duh*...

my dad had a 3-series and it handles totally different from my civic -- which is why i have my civic. lol.

Old 03-04-2006, 04:04 PM
HCF Member

wow 5 bmw's....bemmers are soo sweet tho, love the M3...but welcome to the honda scene!im sure you'll be happy with a civic

Old 03-05-2006, 06:32 PM

IM looking at used hondas, I dont think ill be getting an SI. My GF has a civic and its a cool little car. I love the idea that aftermarket parts are a helluva lot cheaper. And there are endless parts out there. THe only beef I have with the civic is understeer. But I think if I stiffen up the back end that will help. Thanks for the welcome guys. Hopefully next weekend I'll have my rice burner.

Old 03-05-2006, 06:44 PM

If you end up with one with rear drums, you can always swap in disks from teggys or the SI.

Old 03-05-2006, 07:10 PM

Cool, Ill have to do that. I hate drum brakes. Also Did all EX's come with ABS?

Quick Reply: From BMW to Honda