New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Drag project pipedream.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Default Drag project pipedream.

I'm interested in trying something NEW, not just the same-old-same-old.

I've already gone fast with rear drive, already gone fast with a turbo, and with displacement for that matter. But, well, I've found the most charming feature of mine is quirkyness, and I'd like to express that with my next project.

I'm thinking go with a FF turbo drag car, based off of a hatch body, and to save some weight and sneak around some rules, convert the rear subframe to a solid rear axle setup (like a sentra) and hopefully get around needing to weld in some wheelie bars back there, but if I had to anyway thats not exactly a big deal to fabricate.

Unfortunately, I'm completely inexperienced with hondas, and my only experience with turbo front drive vehicles is a friend's SRT4.

Does anyone have any more advanced, technical advice to give me? I already know how to build motors, but I'm completely in the dark and making assumptions about setting up a suspension for a powerful front drive, light weight vehicle.

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-16-2008, 07:52 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Drag project pipedream.

Welcome to HCF, nice to see a RWD guy trying something new . I'd reccomend adding Honda-tech.com to your list of references...there are some crazy builds over there.

As far as technical advice, what info are you looking for? ? Traction sucks on FWD just to warn you...but I'm sure others can elaborate further on what suspension setups would be best.

GL with the build, keep us updated!

Old 03-16-2008, 07:59 PM
HCF Member

haha you shouldnt need wheelie bars on a fwd car hahaha but sounds cool need a front spoiler

Old 03-17-2008, 04:40 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jpnolan

haha you shouldnt need wheelie bars on a fwd car hahaha but sounds cool need a front spoiler
there kinda like wheelie bars, the do something to put more traction to the front wheels.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:57 PM
HCF Member

Actually if you are pushing enough hp wheelie bars will help stop weight transfer keeping more weight and traction on the front wheels. To the op, stiffer suspension in the front, an enginedamper, stiffer engine mounts,and traction bars will help.