New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Finally got my second stick shift honda civic :-)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 08:24 AM
Arrow Finally got my second stick shift honda civic :-)

hey guys how's it going! I'm Andrea and I bought a 2004 Honda Civic coupe manual transmission. A few years ago before I relocated to Idaho on military orders (I'm from Rhode Island...woo hoo Family Guy ;-) ) I had a 2001 Honda Civic coupe EX with a VTEC engine. Unfortunately, my 2004 Civic coupe VP does not have that (or atleast I dont think so) even though the dealer told me it did and I was too damn excited that I finally found almost my exact old car again that I didn't think to double check until later that night. anyway it has a 1.7L SOHC I4 Engine (I hope I remembered that correctly from my research). soooo, I'm gonna throw a guess out there and say it isn't a vtec (I know my last Honda also had VTEC in big letters across the engine). But hey I finally found another stick shift honda civic and you people have no idea how hard it was to find it. couple questions for you guys that have been there done that regarding pricing, and here goes:

-body kits- how much to have them ordered and installed? and anyone with pics of really awesome done up (but not retardedly done) cars would be cool
-anyone with a "fiji blue" or "brighter blue" colored honda or knows someone who's got one, gunmetal colored rims or black? and what size tires exactly? (c'mon, no one wants to be that idiot that has a small car and too big tires or vice versa)
-air intakes (any suggestions?)
-dual exhaust installation price (no, not one of those crappy dual tip things you can run out and buy at some little parts store). and an exhaust that doesn't sound like a weedwacker
-light bulbs for headlights, where can I find bright ones with a slight light blue tint (not the cheap looking bright blue blue). all I can find out here are silverstars ultra white and things like that
-underchassis LED's cost and installation prices
-turbos and superchargers. best ones for civics and how much?
-converting from manual to electronic windows
-and rear spoilers. nice looking ones (not over the top) and how much for installation

here's a pic of my car (same color, mine is just minus the rear spoiler)
there are other things too like racing seats eventually and things like that. anything else I'm missing you guys go ahead and suggest it because I'm probably not even thinking of a ton of other ****. Thanks guys

Attached Thumbnails Finally got my second stick shift honda civic :-)-honda1.jpg   Finally got my second stick shift honda civic :-)-honda2.jpg  
Old 01-03-2011, 08:12 AM
shawty

Welcome!!!

Don't do body kits :/ (went out ten years ago)

also No dual exhaust kind of pointless on a 4 cyl.

or Under body glow kits. (also went out ten years ago)

Turbo's and superchargers, really that's depending on how much bang you want for your buck.

But welcome and I believe there are two or three people on here with the same year civic that you have. I haven't been on in a few months and forgot who they are I really want to say one is Chrismag... He's all about the Em2 bless his heart

Old 01-04-2011, 07:46 AM

hey lol thanks ;-) been outta the car game for a while, not to mention I have a 2 year old so for a while I was thinking I was too "old" (I'm 25, and a mom) to go back to a nice done up Honda Civic. had an suv for the past few years cuz Idaho is a hell of a lot different from where you and I are from (i'm from RI so hello neighbor lol)! the nearest city to where I'm at is 51 miles away (you can drive thru Rhode Island in the time it takes to get there! lol culture shock it's trucks trucks trucks out here! not to mention guns guns guns and hunt hunt hunt. my hubby has a huge Dodge Ram (he's from Wisconsin...Family guy accent meets canadian lol you can imagine how our holiday get togethers are ha ha). he calls my honda his "wheel chock" lol. anyway, didn't know about the underbody lighting not being "in" anymore, same with the body kit thing. my car is that electric color blue (it's called fiji blue) with black door handles and an dark ivory (which is gonna be changed) and black interior. so I was debating on either gun metal color rims and gunmetal color LED taillights, or black color rims and black colorLED taillights. I'd like it done up enough where it looks nice but not overdone, you know what I mean? anyway why did the body kit go out anyway? thanks for the post!

Old 01-04-2011, 08:13 AM
HCF Member

Welcome to HCF!

I think either gunmetal or bronze rims would look really good on that color..
Or check these out:
Name:  202166886.jpg
Views: 2657
Size:  57.5 KB
Name:  em1.jpg
Views: 3174
Size:  57.8 KB
Name:  slips.jpg
Views: 2961
Size:  49.9 KB
Name:  em1.jpg
Views: 1893
Size:  130.0 KB

I think the first and second pics look best.
You can just google "EM1" and you'll get a lot of pictures to get ideas from