New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

getting back into the honda scene!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Default getting back into the honda scene!

Well guy's and girl's I'm getting my self another different Civic, I only owned my last hatchback for a few days because I needed the money for a down payment on my SS Camaro. But now that I am getting my taxes back, I decided to get another civic. The one I found is a 94 Black Eg coupe with a sohc vtec engine and a 5 speed transmission. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. Now I've never had a vtec civic, so this is going to be a all new experience for me. Anyone got any advice on the first few mods I should do besides air intake and exhaust? Should I get a vtec controller?

Old 02-17-2013, 06:40 PM

No on the vtec controller. Keep that untouched until you start getting into more serious mods which require tuning.

Before you buy anything, especially if the car is 100% stock (which is an AWESOME thing btw), this would be the perfect time to plan out any future mods to prevent buying things twice (and doing the work twice of course).

Let's say you want a turbo, the intake and exhaust will need to be replaced with something suitable for your system.

How much money do you plan on spending (total)? How much power would you like to see from the car? I assume you are looking at an EX coupe with a D16z6 motor? If so, that is a great motor to work with if you plan on staying with the D series motor.

Usually, I suggest going for suspension and wheel/tire mods first. You want to be able to get that extra power you plan on making to the ground, right?

Old 02-21-2013, 05:33 PM

Well everyone I ended up getting a turbo charged civic. It needs a lot of work and I feel really overwhelmed right now with it but it should be a fun project. It needs.... well it needs a lot

Old 02-24-2013, 07:54 PM
HCF Member

pics? You've really got me curious...