New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Having a hard time here

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 09:44 PM
Default Having a hard time here

I have a 1986 civic si hatchback.

Awesome little car. Im new to honda stuff so bare with me.

I have used the search button and have looked around here and a couple of other sites. I also have checked out e-bay, and have done google searches. No luck with any of it. Actually the search button on this site has answered many of the questions you dont want to hear.

I'm pretty sure that the engine is a EW4, i think. It's fuel injected and says PGM-FI on the intake manifold.

Any way, can someone lead me in the right direction as far as getting stuff for it. Yea, the local junkyard has a few beat up parts that I can replace here and there, but I'm talking about clear corner lenses and maybe a cold air intake. Just for starters anyway.

Any help or links or advice is appreciated.

Old 10-06-2005, 09:51 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Having a hard time here

Hmm... already is the 89 market so desolate. You are going to have better luck modifiing your own parts to get it to work.

Old 10-06-2005, 09:53 PM

Really ? That totally sucks !

It's only 20 years old !!

No nothing for an 86, huh?

Am I at least correct on the engine ?

Old 10-06-2005, 09:56 PM
HCF Member

No idea. You could easily score a 'universl' intake and make it fit your car. You could also make you own exhaust.

Old 10-06-2005, 10:01 PM

ORIGINAL: remington870_20ga

No idea. You could easily score a 'universl' intake and make it fit your car. You could also make you own exhaust.
No idea on the engine?

Well I'm kinda thinking that having to make my own mods is cool. At least it's cheaper.

Old 10-06-2005, 10:05 PM
HCF Member

Lowes just might be your best friend. lol. Give this post a day or two and other with more knowledge that I have will help you out.

Oh yea, WELCOME!

Old 10-06-2005, 10:14 PM
mxs
HCF Member

Try searching for "4th generation civic" instead of searching by the model year? that might get more results.

welcome to the forum

Old 10-06-2005, 10:22 PM
HCF Member

Take a pic of your engine bay............we can tell you what intakes will fit in there with the least modification.

Old 10-06-2005, 11:09 PM
HCF Member

Try searching for "4th generation civic" instead of searching by the model year?
You have a 3rd generation civic. Those cars are extremely tough when it comes to finding aftermarket stuff. 4th gen is when they started going seriously developing parts. One shy. Best of luck with everything. Have any idea of how many horses you're pumping out stock?

Old 10-06-2005, 11:17 PM

Thanks for the replys. Keep 'em coming though. Cant seem to locate any aftermarket stuff.

As far as the hp: On autotrader.com it said like 91hp for the si model. Which is what I have. IAlso I think it said something like 1900lbs. It's not that bad of a little car. It's still super slow compared to my neon(14.94 in the quarter with just a few bolt-ons and weight reduct).

But I bought it for the reliability and fuel milage. Also, I have noticed it's much better engineered than my neon.

For 1400 bucks. Totally clean and very well taken care of. Only 170,000 miles. Thats not bad for a honda from what I hear. It still has very good compression, idles and revs very smooth, and everything still works on it.

Now if I could find some goodies for it . . .

Quick Reply: Having a hard time here