New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hello... Any advise?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Default Hello... Any advise?

Hello, I'm new to this site, I just purchased a Nighthawk Black Pearl '04 Civic EX and I want to make a quick change with the shifter. The stock shifter feels to tall, it's just not comfortable. I had a B&M short throw shifter in my last car (a Z24). I enjoyed the shifter's short throws but disliked the rough quality of the shifts, plus it would eventually get loose and spin in a complete circle which sucked too, so I'd have to re-tighten it again and again. Anyways, I wanted to get something that would keep the stock quality shift feel, something that would obviously shorten the height and throws but also not get loose and spin. So I was looking at either Skunk2, AEM/DC Sports or Revo. If anyone has any of these shifters or can comment about them I would appreciate the replies because I'd like to replace my stock one soon. Oh and I don't want to cut my stock shifter down so please don't bother to advise me on that solution.

Old 08-29-2006, 09:31 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Hello... Any advise?

The shifters on hondas are very good quality, anything you put on and it will feel very smooth and it shouldnt get loose as long as you tighten it enough.

Old 08-29-2006, 09:52 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Hello... Any advise?

all those brands even the b&m are awsome respectable companies they should all work out fine ...good luck