HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/new-member-introductions-4/)
-   -   Help me out please (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/new-member-introductions-4/help-me-out-please-768/)

AdamB123 07-26-2004 09:46 AM

Help me out please

Hey my name is Adam and I guess that I am a potential Honda Civic Buyer. Ive never owned a Honda or any car for that matter so I am hoping that this deal and car goes well. I wanted to know if you guys think that I should buy this car. I didnt get to drive it because Im not 18 yet, 20 more days, but my cousin drove it out and he enjoyed it alot. Heres the website where they are selling the car. click here
What do you guys think of it? I know it isnt meant for speed because it is an automatic but, that doesnt really matter to me. Im basically buying it for looks and college.
I have one more question, excuse my rambling I'm just nervous about buying a car; Do you guys think that I should get the extended Bumper too Bumper warranty it costs about a grand extra. Money out of my pocket.

Well thanks for your time. Im supposed to be going to check my Dads creadit in 5 hours so any responses would be appreciated. Peace.

Sam2004 07-26-2004 10:37 AM

RE: Help me out please

Hi Adam and welcome:
As for buying a Honda don't ever think twice, it is a great car with great performance so never doubt.
But i have a few qestions for you, did you already buy the car or not?I think if you are paying 12K for a used car with 37 Miles on it why dont you pay a grand extra and get yourself a brand new car.
I have bought my 04 not too long a go, and I got a great deal, i bargained with the dealer for 2 hours, but I got it less than the invoce price not the MSRP even.
As for the exteneded warranty that all depends on your driving habits, if you are gonna travel a lot I would reccomend it. but if you are gonna use the car locally don't spend your money (get the 04 for the extra grand).
Anyway good luck whith whatever you do.

AdamB123 07-26-2004 11:47 AM

Thanks for your reply man I appreciate it. Im nervous as hell and completely stressed out about buying a car. Ill go check out some 2004 models I guess but I think all in all with taxes they are like 16 or 15 grand. I dont know man.

How much did you pay for your Honda?

Sam2004 07-26-2004 11:55 AM

The most important thing when buying a car is to take it as easy as possible, don't let the frustration get over you, it is a stressing thing i know and feel that you have to get over it as soon as possible, but know that you don't buy a car every other weekened (if you don't take your time you might).
I would buy a civic VP brand new rather than gettinga used EX, but that is just my opinion, you might gonna end up paying a lil bit more but remember that it is a car not a stereo or a camera.
Take your time, calculate your budgett, and remember that you can always buy a car, anytime but it all comes to the final price. there is no such thing as one and only deal, trust me I have changed 3 cars within a year, untill i finally got my civic. good luck to you.

AdamB123 07-26-2004 12:18 PM

Thanks.

NTX 07-26-2004 02:07 PM

I wanted to know if you guys think that I should buy this car.
Its a civic [sm=smiley20.gif]

AdamB123 07-26-2004 10:02 PM

Thanks for the replys. I bought the Honda. Its a great Car. However, I did not notice until I left that the freaking dealer ripped us off 2 or 3 Grand. So I paid alot more than I should have and now, I believe, there is nothing that I can do about it. This sucks ass. Love the car hate the rip off.

ohbiskits 07-26-2004 10:05 PM

darn man sucks on the rip....but congrats on the car

AdamB123 07-26-2004 10:29 PM

Dealers are as*holes no matter how much they appear too be good people or give you a deal.

ohbiskits 07-26-2004 10:34 PM

aint that the truth they wanted like 1500 plus a dealer fee and taxes for my 91 it would have came to like 2700 for a 91 hatch with 200,00 + mi on it and a tore up interior...to top it off the didnt even service it...i left and they called me just before i got home and they were like ok we will subtract the dealer fee fromt he price...well by the end of the deal i ended up payin like 1200 still....and i had to replace the seats right off the bat and it had no radio ugh...i probably could have found one cheaper but i jumped into it

AdamB123 07-26-2004 10:37 PM

Im never going to buy another car at a dealership ever, unless its paid full in cash for a new car. My head is killing me.[:@]

ohbiskits 07-26-2004 10:44 PM

heh yea i know how ya feel its sucks to feel riped off when the dealer called me back they were like ok we will give you the car for 700 and me and my dad were like wow thats an ok price but after the dealer fee taxes and registration we were up to just over 1200 but just have fun with it now that you got it thats how im lookin at it. and so far im lovin the civic...im gunna BE PUTIN a d16 turbo'd in soon and i cant wait for that

AdamB123 07-26-2004 10:49 PM

cool man congratulations. But I cant even modify the dam thing the engine at least without voiding the garranty that i paid around a grand for.
Ill go check in tommorrow.

ohbiskits 07-26-2004 10:54 PM

ok man nice talkin to ya...like i said enjoy it now and dont let it get to you to much

NTX 07-26-2004 11:25 PM

Im never going to buy another car at a dealership ever, unless its paid full in cash for a new car
I always tell people that.

AdamB123 07-27-2004 05:14 PM

Do you still do it dude? (ntxmotors...)
Yeah ohbiskits I really like the car. I need to get an alarm though I feel like someone in my neighborhood is going to steal it for some reason, they already stole my dads truck. We got it back though. Where can I get a Car Alarm that works very well but does not cost that much money?
Oh and I found out that I can modify alot of it.

ohbiskits 07-27-2004 08:37 PM

my friends girlfriend has a python 2 way alarm on her car...there pretty expensive tho..she got hers done for 350 but thats the cheapest ive seen it around here and west palm florida..but i dont know if you know about the 2 way alarms but if someone sets it off it beeps her if she is with 2 miles of the car...its sweet
cool that you can mod it...thats when your car will be real fun because moding it will make it yours..(unique) what will void the warrenty? all engine mods?

AdamB123 07-28-2004 01:35 PM

Cool Man. Where did she get it? Do you live in Florida I live near West Palm.

See the thing is I can modify it and stuff but i have 0 dollars. Ive got exactly 1 dollar and 20 cents in both of my bank accounts right now. sucks and Ive got one more year of Highschool till I can work more hours. Then college. I got this car because its reliable and it WIll last me through college cuz if it messes the manufacturer fixes it under warranty till 2008.

ohbiskits 07-28-2004 01:43 PM

oh yea i live in west palm...she got it at autotrix do you kn ow where that is? yea i have 2 more years of highschool and only in the summer i can work a lot of hrs i know how you feel...what highschool do you go to?

NTX 07-28-2004 01:46 PM

sounds like you guys live next to each other.

polo708 07-28-2004 04:04 PM

West Palm hell yeah... I went to Wellington High, where did you guys go?

ohbiskits 07-28-2004 04:09 PM

i still go to john i leonard...got 2 more years as a matter of fact[:'(]... 17 and a junior this year

AdamB123 07-28-2004 09:20 PM

Nah Ive never heard of Autotrix man. Which part of west palm is it at?

I go to Jupiter High. 1 more year then hopefully im off too college! I have to get some scholarship(s) though. Cant afford it especially now with this 264 a month car payment and other bills.

ohbiskits 07-28-2004 09:38 PM

yea man i understand the whole scholarship thing...college is VERY expensive these days... autotrix is just north of belvedere on millitary on the west side of the road...the phone number is 640-7999...call um up or go there most of the time they will work with you...just be like i want a 2 way alarm but i dont have much to spend....they have other alarms too regular pythons i think for 150$...but if you want the 2 way jus tell them you dont have much to spend and they might ask you how much you have then tell them what u want to pay and usually he will work with you...

AdamB123 07-28-2004 10:27 PM

cool thanks man.

ohbiskits 07-28-2004 10:29 PM

yea no problem bro...