New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

From a HEMI to a CIVIC

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 07:12 PM
Default From a HEMI to a CIVIC

Hey all, Im new here and am looking at getting a Civic for communting to work and possibily to mod. Right now I have a Dodge with a HEMi, but with gas going up and me taking a pay-cut at work I can't justify the expense.[:@] I'm looking at a 2001 Civic LX with 73K. Is there anything of concern with this model year?

Also, are there any body kits out there for this year? And what about rims & tires. What sizes so you suggest?

Thanks for all the help, exHEMI

Old 07-19-2006, 07:16 PM
Default RE: From a HEMI to a CIVIC

WELCOME! as long as the car was taken care of and all then there shouldnt be anything wrong with it...theres a million types of body kits for every kinda civic so dont worry about trying to find one...tho i think u should consider leaving it stock and getting a nice lip kit, look waaay better, but thats just IMO.

Old 07-19-2006, 07:26 PM

Cool I'll try out that idea. DO you have any links to some pics or sites? thanks

Old 07-20-2006, 07:57 AM

Only bad thing is out Gen 01-05 are kinda slower. The engines were built to meet cali's Ultra Low Emissions. However there are still tons of things that can be done with em just like any good Civic. Check out Procivic.com. They got a bunch of suff for our cars. Most ppl say to get any real hp out of our cars you gotta do an engine swap, but **** you can get a new D17a for about $600 shipped.