New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hey car people.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Default Hey car people.

Sup Every1 Been here for a while, decided to introduce myself, I got a Civic HX a few months ago, I didn't know too much about civics when I got it if not I would have opted for something different, but so far no problems good gas mileage and love the HX rims, too bad I crashed it about a month ago.

Last edited by hiredassasin19; 09-12-2019 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:27 PM
HCF Member

welcome... i have an 99 hx also. hx rims are definitely one of the best rims that came with civics. do you have an auto or manual? also hx's has the better gas gas mileage

Old 08-22-2008, 06:22 AM
HCF Member

welcome Javier, i'm sorry to hear that (crashed). share with us about your experience. i'm new too and still read and learn everyday from other owners here.

post your civic after your civic back.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:07 AM
HCF Member

How did you crash it? Was it bad?

Old 08-27-2008, 11:35 AM

sfazngiants, yeah i know hx's are good as hell with the mileage, and automatic >.>
btw any tips on aftermarket parts for the HX, it's a b**** to find em from what i've seen Ex's are almost the same will those fit fine?

andry, thanks a lot, and yeah I wanna wait till I get it looking nice before I post my pics.

ShaTownCivic, it was a dumb accident, my fault >.>, I was on the far left lane and about 200ft away while the light was green a tow truck was just blocking traffic so I'm like f*** i give it some gas and i change lanes to middle lane, the light was yellow now, I was going around 55-60 and could have easily taken the yellow but the lady in front of me stopped and I rear ended her ***. I mean I saw her at the last minute I braked and downshifted and held on for dear life, but that **** happened quick, and it's not like civics have performance brakes, lol, at least not stock ones.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by hiredassasin19
btw any tips on aftermarket parts for the HX, it's a b**** to find em from what i've seen Ex's are almost the same will those fit fine?
Yes, usually.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
Yes, usually.
Thanks, I thought so, considering how the engines are practically the same, for simple things like CAI, which is one of the things I'm interested in getting, and most places I've looked don't have one for HX, at least not specifically for them. But from what I can tell the same manifold is used on EX's and HX's from stock, so I'm sure it'll fit, once again thanks for the reassurance.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by hiredassasin19
Thanks, I thought so, considering how the engines are practically the same, for simple things like CAI, which is one of the things I'm interested in getting, and most places I've looked don't have one for HX, at least not specifically for them. But from what I can tell the same manifold is used on EX's and HX's from stock, so I'm sure it'll fit, once again thanks for the reassurance.
On your HX, is there a whole cut out in the body, behind the passenger headlight, that the stock intake passes through?
The throttle body opens towards the passenger side, right? not pointing up like the DX/LX, right?

Is the catalytic converter under the car or is it part of the exhaust manifold?

Old 08-27-2008, 07:32 PM

yeah the TB point towards passanger side not up, headers are just like dx/lx, with the cat right on it, rather than the ex's is way with the cat all the way in the bottom.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:36 PM

alright, then most bolt ons for the EX will fit your car. An EX header will still fit (they don't make ones for DX/LX/HX), but if you choose to use one you will need to convert to a complete EX exhaust in order to comply with the law and morals by continuing to use a catalytic converter.

Quick Reply: Hey car people.