New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hey gang! I few ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 01:23 AM
Default Hey gang! I few ???

Hey folks, Im picking up a 1992 civic from my sis this weekend, its a four door but it still looks sporty. My questions are... How many cans of R134 does it take to fill up an empty A/C system. Also, they bought a new battery for it and lost the radio code, so Im just gonna throw in a cd player cuz its gonna be a 2 hour drive to get it home. Im gonna get a harness for the cd player but will I need the adapter kit? Or is it a good fit for an aftermarket player? it has the am/fm cassette in it. thanks

Old 07-24-2004, 10:56 PM
Default RE: Hey gang! I few ???

i think you may need an adapter kit for the cd player...when i put the cd player in my car i had takin it out of my dads truck...i had it put in the truck from circuit city,so when i realized it wasnt gunna fit the honda i just went to the truck and took the sleve out of the dash(kist slides in and locks by bending some tabs) and put it int he car...this was an aftermarket metal sleve because i couldnt put the stock radio in the truck with out taking it out so my guess is you need a kt...try it and if you end up needing the kit just go to walmart and they have a bunch there i think they are under $15

Old 07-25-2004, 02:45 AM
HCF Member

you will need a honda harness. go to wal-mart and get one, but the sleeve he's talking about is called a "half-sleeve" or "can", that is the best way to mount it. the player should come with one. wire up the harness from the deck to the harness from walmart, then it will all plug in and you just slip in the can and bend the tabs in like he said, then slide the deck in till it clicks in and wont come out, and youre done.

Old 07-25-2004, 12:20 PM

thanks for correctiing me sacicons i think i remember now the sleve coming with it when we did my friends truck i forgot in mine tho because i didnt do the initial install but thanks...i hope that helps bigdad

Old 07-30-2004, 06:02 PM

Thanks guys, the cd player is a done deal. I also put in a kicker 10" sub in the trunk, it bumps real good. But now I have to replace the blown stock speakers. So what size do I need to put in th edoors and rear deck? Will I need to modify anything???? thanks

Old 09-03-2004, 07:18 PM
NTX
HCF Member

Im picking up a 1992 civic from my sis this weekend
got that ride yet? like it? got pics?