HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/new-member-introductions-4/)
-   -   hey. new here. b16 or d16? =p (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/new-member-introductions-4/hey-new-here-b16-d16-%3Dp-32078/)

GetItBoy 11-06-2006 05:58 PM

hey. new here. b16 or d16? =p

wdupp fellas. im not completely clueless, but im new to the tuner scene and young. plan on learning more with time and experience.
i have a 97 civic ex. my baby. [sm=bananallama.gif] haha. iuno. i jus felt like adding that picture.
but anyways i cant decide whether to get a new d16 and turbo it. my current engine has 142xxx miles on it. or do a b16 swap.
im torn inbetween the two. opinions appreciated. thanks

cyberx32 11-06-2006 07:39 PM

RE: hey. new here. b16 or d16? =p

b16 will be a better engine, and then turbo that, or go for a bigger engine.

TheMoogly 11-06-2006 07:43 PM

No one seems to like the D series..

Tater 11-06-2006 10:54 PM

i would say b series. alot more parts for them and more experience, atleast that is what I see.

cyberx32 11-06-2006 10:58 PM

d series are good and everything, but it costs more money to make them faster.

SpanishFly21 11-06-2006 11:29 PM

B-series for the win!...there a couple of boosred D's on this site!..feel free to ask them!

edyo74 11-06-2006 11:37 PM

hey dude i am torn in between also. i am going with a jdm d15b, just cause it sounds great for me, but you just got to do research on n this sight and look around ya know. i want to go d series, just cause i want to be different, and not go b, and i like them:D

so just do what ya want! and good luck and welcome to a great new world

the_turtle 11-07-2006 10:38 AM

well, i have a 98 civic, with 145xxx miles, and i have been doing some "home work" and figure that it will be more cost/time efficeint to but a turbo kit, then shortly after buy another d-series and build it up. keep in mind that a b16 will run you about $2,000 complete, where as a d series can be had for around $500. then ask yourself this, do you have the time, a back up vehicle, and a place to do a motor swap? do you have the ability and money for small random parts that you may need to either purchase or have fabricated? Hopefully i have been some kind of help...

GetItBoy 11-07-2006 04:45 PM

sup guys. appreciate all the responses. and ive made up my mind. i think i gotta go b-series. because i think that yeah you can build the d and turbo it for about how much it costs to get a b. but the b has so much more potential!
and yeah turtle ive thought about all the other little things i need to get for the b swap. thats the main reason i couldn choose between goin turbo or b. didnt wanna deal with it all. and edyo good luck with what you decide to do. no love for the d series? haha
story time..
today i skipped school with bunch of people. later decided to go to the mall and got on the interstate. got on my car hard for the first time. bought the car a short while ago. me and another friend with a civic decided to race. both stock d16. it was the slowest race ever man. haha. we go from 60mph. first was scared to drop it to 3rd. (never raced before) so dropped it to 4th.. and it didnt do anything barely! and other civic slowly pulls away. so lined up again and decided to drop it to 3rd. kicks a little, but i thought it woulda kicked way harder, and pulled away from him. raced again. pulled away from him. think his civic was a dx. whats it called when youre goin then you push in clutch again and let go with gas still down. makes the tires chirp. when i did it i really pulled from him. so yeah my first race. my car is slooow. thought it was faster than it was. maybe i expected too much? lol. i am new to this kind of stuff. but the d is saving me gas. and i still love it.

Ben 11-07-2006 05:51 PM

K-series FTW :D